Ohio Game Fishing banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

Registered
Although I like to complain about where DNR puts the trees, I give them a lot of credit. Keep in mind that the structure placement is just one small part of their duties. Also, it's a labor intensive activity and proper placement is also dependent on the weather, lake conditions and elevation, ice, or lack of same, and a myriad of other issues. I am thrilled that they are doing what they do.

I would like to see them reach out and ask for some volunteers to give them a hand. Although with the concern over injuries and lawsuits, I can see why they don't.

SOLID MEAT
go out at night and place your own structure and cover. problem solved. way easier than arguing about how others who are ACTUALLY doing the job aren't doing it to you specifications. You guys must all work for a road crew and have a shovel to lean on while someone else is doing the work.

Angry hillbilly
Remember, when they put those trees in less than 6 ft of water its prime spawning habitat for crappies.
At Berlin and west branch there is enough shore line wood! Have u every been there! Christmas trees are not that good shallow either! Hard woods with branches yes and some soft wood maples are but they don鈥檛 last as long! Johnboy your real good ! 馃槀

SOLID MEAT
At Berlin and west branch there is enough shore line wood! Have u every been there! Christmas trees are not that good shallow either! Hard woods with branches yes and some soft wood maples are but they don鈥檛 last as long! Johnboy your real good ! 馃槀
I have not been to those lakes. I mainly fish the marina bay at mosquito. are those lakes any good?

Registered
Been to both lakes multiple times. A big difference with the Christmas trees is they create vertical cover not horizontal like trees that have blown over. At both lakes theirs PLENTY of offshore cover, trees, stumps, rocks etc...

On the back 9 and loving it!
There was picture in the newspaper of the trees they put in at Berlin. All on shallow, bare areas exposed by the draw down. At least that's what the pic was.

go out at night and place your own structure and cover. problem solved. way easier than arguing about how others who are ACTUALLY doing the job aren't doing it to you specifications. You guys must all work for a road crew and have a shovel to lean on while someone else is doing the work.

Some of these guys are amazing. State goes out and gathers tree, puts em in a lake and you don't like where they put em. Same guys if you gave em a $100.00 dollar bill would bitch because it wasn't five twenties....

Angry hillbilly
Look the branch and Berlin are stinking 8ft low for 5 months they don鈥檛 last as long and big fish cant hide in those branches !!! Oaks and hard woods period better! If u don鈥檛 get that well I can鈥檛 help read up more and fish more!! We need educational classes before u should get a fishing license! U can鈥檛 teach some people!

Registered
I think the trees are put in for spawning in the spring when the lakes are generally at there highest. Those trees will be in 3-6' of water where the crappie spawn. They get them for free aspeople are trying to dispose of them ,solving two problems.

Angry hillbilly
I think the trees are put in for spawning in the spring when the lakes are generally at there highest. Those trees will be in 3-6' of water where the crappie spawn. They get them for free aspeople are trying to dispose of them ,solving two problems.
Yes we have no money not enough workers should I get to thst issue too! I

21 - 40 of 51 Posts