Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a survey today asking about hunting the week of Christmas, anyone else get this ?

What's your thought on why they are asking about that week?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
They send out surveys each year with a variety of questions based on public feedback/requests they get. I’m guessing some people miss muzzleloader season being over the holiday break.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I didn't care for the muzzle loader dates this year at all.
The survey was nothing to do with muzzloader hunting it was all about if you hunted the week of Christmas or not and if you did which days did you hunt and what you hunted for.

The problem with the survey to me was you were able to pick multiple days that you hunted but only was able to pick on species that you hunted.

Oh...And they asked how you were taking the survey. Either by smartphone,computer,or tablet.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Why would they ask if you was on a smartphone or computer. Maybe they was just seeing if big group was gathering to go pheasant hunting a rabbit hunting on Christmas.

·
Conservation,the best story that's never told
356 Posts
Why would they ask if you was on a smartphone or computer. Maybe they was just seeing if big group was gathering to go pheasant hunting a rabbit hunting on Christmas.
Im sure some will say to better serve the sportsmen and women My guess is they really don't care what you think if your a waterfowl hunter in the state of Ohio.

I never got the survey or know anyone else who did

·
Registered
665 Posts
I don't know for sure why they ask for how you took the survey, but I would guess they are just wanting to make it work better on all platforms. What I do know is that the Division get as much as 75% of their expenses reimbursed from the US Fish and wildlife Service through the Dingle Johnson Act and the percentage is tied to how many hunters and fishermen/women you have participating in the funded programs. The more any state has the more grant they get. It's not some evil plan to hurt sportsmen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts