Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends and I got picked for 6 drawings this year. This is only our 2nd year waterfowl hunting and first year getting picked in the drawings. I was wondering what all to expect from them and any important information anyone could tell me about any of them. Thanks.

Nimisila Goose and teal - 9/11 to 9/18 site 5
Nimisila 10/23-10/28 site 1
Mosquito 11/13 Unit U
Mosquito 12/7 Unit L
Putnam Marsh 12/18 Unit B
Mosquito 12/25 Unit M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Congrats on winning all those drawings! I hunted Nimisila last year in November. Had one of the island blinds at the south end. Only saw a few mallards and one flock of diver ducks came close to landing. The geese all flew along the shorelines away from me. Was surrounded by 200 coots the whole day. Could have shot as many as I wanted, but don't care for the taste.

You should do well one geese for early season. Not sure how many teal are there, but make sure you can tell the difference between a teal and a wood duck or coot in the air.

Never hunting Mosquito before. I think some of them are field hunts.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've tried nimi for teal in the past. Was a total waste. Blind 1 is super shallow. Had it 2 years ago. Only saw a pair of mallards. Like anywhere it's hit and miss, but the birds don't use the north end much if at all.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on winning all those drawings! I hunted Nimisila last year in November. Had one of the island blinds at the south end. Only saw a few mallards and one flock of diver ducks came close to landing. The geese all flew along the shorelines away from me. Was surrounded by 200 coots the whole day. Could have shot as many as I wanted, but don't care for the taste.

You should do well one geese for early season. Not sure how many teal are there, but make sure you can tell the difference between a teal and a wood duck or coot in the air.

Never hunting Mosquito before. I think some of them are field hunts.
Thanks. My younger brother got drawn for nimi last year for youth season and we saw lots of geese so I’m hoping we can get into some geese. Our permits say that the mosquito ones we have are marsh hunts. We’ve never been out there before so should be interesting.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried nimi for teal in the past. Was a total waste. Blind 1 is super shallow. Had it 2 years ago. Only saw a pair of mallards. Like anywhere it's hit and miss, but the birds don't use the north end much if at all.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
John-as lucky as you were drawing permits, may want to go buy some lottery tickets! Or do you know someone on the “inside”? Haha! Congrats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts