close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ODNR fish of the week

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by misfit, Aug 24, 2004.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

just found this on the odnr website.one of the pics of the week is my uncle bill with a 44 inch muskie from wills creek :cool:
    caught a couple months ago,in the spillway.83 years old and still goin' strong :)
    my cousin(in the pic)thought he was gonna have to land the fish,cause it 'bout wore the old man out :eek: http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/Fishing/topten/week17b.htm

2. It's been a number of years, but I used to fish Wills Creek dam fairly regularly, and he was always a fixture in the landscape. He also outfished everybody consistently. Good to see things haven't changed. :D
    I was in my early 20s and didn't like them hills. :D

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

mike,the same at charles mill,mohawk,dillon and other places :D ;) .i think the fish came from the same hole as the world record saugeye he got there in '89 :cool:
    he's slowed down some,over the years,but he'll still wear me out :eek:

4. catking

catking Banned

Very Nice !! Thanks for the heads up misfit ;) .I only hope I'm in fishin shape at 83.Heck,. I hope I'm around at 83 :D .DA KING !!!

5. The picture is nice by itself but hearing a little of the story behind it makes it special. Like Catking said, I hope that I am still cranking at 83.:D

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

the old guy not only can catch 'em,but he can cook 'em too ;)
    nothin' like a plate of uncle bill's golden fried eyes :cool:

Attached Files:

7. Man thats great! Amazing what fishing can do for a person. I hope im still kickn at that age.

8. toad

toad geriatrics supporter

Hey thats great. Sure am glad to see Uncle Bill still putting it to ya Rick.

9. Its good to see Bill still doing it. I've ran into him on rivers all over this part of the state since I was a kid. I last seen him on the Tusc. 2 years ago, he was still throwing that chartruse sassy shad and twister he caught the state record saugeye on. He's certainly one of the River Kings in Ohio.
    Is he still in Millersburg?

10. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

Action,yes he's still in millersburg.that's where the fish fry pic was taken a couple months ago.
    i haven't been able to spend the time with him that i'd like,through the years,but he and my dad wouldn't go fishing without me,when i was growing up :cool:

that old man has eneough fishing stories/pics to keep you entertained for weeks :)
    he's always been my "second" dad,and taught me alot over the years.
    he's fished from florida to the arctic circle,and from east to west coast.
    that's for sure. :cool:

11. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

Is that shortening he's schlocking into that pan?

12. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

yes,it's crisco,which he uses 50/50 with butter.the only way to pan fry fish ;)