Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone take a picture of there inline planer board standing still in the water. I'm trying to get mine balanced right that I made today but not sure how deep they are supposed to sit while still (in the kitchen sink..lol). I will post some pics and plans as soon as they are done.

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
Here is a pic of my first attempt. Not to bad. There are some improvements on them since, but basically it's the same. Note the weight recessed into the bottom of the board. Also the tow arm is now rounded off smooth with a grinder, along with the clip fixed to the arm with nuts and bolts. Also the tow arm should angle up on the fromt slightly to help keep the board from diving. I also moved the arms back a bit to gain more pull. The board should sit upright with the back end deeper than the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, fishinguy. Mine is almost the same I was worried about the clips being submerged below the water but then thought it would probably come up when being towed. I got a little more work to do to them, I'm not sure on the releases I have alligator clips on there for now. but I think I'll upgrade once it's ready to go.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I don't have any of the small ones i made on hand but the instructions I followed had the tow line attachment point on the upper 2/3rds of the board. They seem to work ok for me on local lakes with pretty small waves.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the pair I made over the weekend. They float level just about as deep as fishinguy's. I'm gonna make a jig for my miter saw so I can get a 60 degree angle my bed maxed out at 48 degree's. Also change the weighting so the back is up a little bit also.

Attachments

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
No need for a jig. Mark the 60* lines on top and bottom of board and mark a line on the face of it. Use a belt sander to finish it off. It's quick and easy. Helps if you clamp the board down too. Use a screw in eye hook (small one) and screw it in on the back end about 1'' from the bottom. Heavy split ring onto that with a large swivel, than a large duo lock snap. You have to open and close the snap to get the board on and off, but if you use a large duo it is really easy. Plus it is insurance of never having to chase down a loose board. I'll try to remember to bring a board home next time to take a pic. There a bit beat up now but that just makes them better, more experienced!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what did you use for releases on your boards. I tried alligator clips with vinyl tubing over them just to see if the board would track and the line came out as I pulled the board into the air.

Should I just upgrade to offshore or some other store bought release, or stick to "homemade"?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts