close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ocracoke Island N.C. Info Needed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 2talltim, Aug 6, 2007.

1. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

anyone ever been there....the wife and i are going on a road trip in sept....going to the nascar race in richmond, spending a night in virginia beach, on down to kittyhawk for a night, wondering if it was worth it to drive down to ocracoke and take the swanquarter ferry back to main land any info on this area would be great

2. We stay in Rodanthe and take a day trip each year to Ocracoke. We always eat at Howard's Pub and enjoy the beaches. We take the free ferry from Hatteras out and back. Beautiful scenery and a few shops are there but it is much less "touristy." When the seed limit drops in the little villages on your way there make sure to go the speed limit, they ticket people like crazy.

3. swan quarter ferry is about 3 to 4 hours and there is a fee. it fills up quick and reservations are recommended

4. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

yup i called them earlier today got a reservation for the ferry and also called Blackbeard's lodge and reserved a room look like a nice place $65 a night for a queen room http://www.blackbeardslodge.com/about/

5. Plan on spending a whole day on okracoke island. It is really a cool place, but you have to park and walk to enjoy it. For great seafood, stop at Awful Aurther in Nags Head, across from the Nags Head Pier. Great food and the bar upstairs has an awesome view of the beach. If your in a 4x4, drive out onto a beach, just for the experience. Becareful though I buried a Durago all wheel drive to the frame, not once, but twice!