Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the outer banks tried crabbing for the first time this year did pretty good got 2 dozen keepers and at least twice as many shorts. was alot of fun for my nephews(3&6)plus my younger nephew caught his first flounder from the pier. I went out on a half day inshore caught about 60 flounder but only 3 keepers. they're also catching alot of specks now as well. Didn't go out to the gulf stream this year but I heard they are killin the mahi.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm heading down to Avon in a week and can't wait for the specs and flounder! Maybe some spanish as well. Thanks for the report!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Leaving for Duck,NC on friday going to do some surf fishing what were you using for bait mullet cut up? and what is the cost for a tourist license?

·
Registered
566 Posts
What did you use to catch the crab? i have tried a couple of times with limited success. thanks Capt.Scott

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was useing spot bodies I got from the guys at Bob's bait in Duck they are really helpful and should be able to hook you up. also threw in a bunch of chicken bones left over from dinner anything greasy and stinky will work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts