close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Oberlin Res.

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Sundance, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Does anyone have any experience with Oberlin Reservoir?

I live about 20 mins. away and would like to take a crack at it sometime soon.

Thanks.

Don.

2. mikie_fin

mikie_fin Ohio & California

Which Oberlin res. are you thinking about going to??

3. Oberlin res. itself.

I know that wellington is close too.
    (that would be my next question anyway).

Don.

4. mikie_fin

No, not Wellington. Wellington has four of them. Oberlin also has four of them. I have fished all of them when I lived in Ohio. Which res. are you interested in going to??

5. DHR

DHR

Just curious but I didn't know Wellington and Oberlin had FOUR resevoirs each
    Can you fill me in with there locations please
    Thanks

6. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

I know wellington Has the upper and lower res. And then finday state park. Oberlin only has the water supply res. and like some kind of park pond not 3 res if there is let me know about the???????????????

7. I was wondering what he was talking about.

Oberlin has the water supply lake and wellington has the up and lower reservoirs.

We may as well add Findaly st. pk.

If anyone has pertinent info aon any or all (although I was originally looking for oberlin info) I would appreciate any help.

I need a place to take the grandkids for a really good time.

Don.

8. mikie_fin

Oberlin -
    one by Parsons road, one off Pyle road and two small ones in town on Morgan street.
    Wellington -
    The upper & lower ones like you have mentioned and there are two others that are due south of the Oberlin Res. on Parson road. If you continue to take (I believe it is West road) the road on the west side of the Res. due south for a few miles, you will come upon a wildlife preservation on the left side of the road. There will be a trail taking you back in a northerly direction. You will come upon the first one very quickly (the smaller one). If you continue on there will another larger one.

Let me know how it goes and good luck. I have caught fish in all of these.

9. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

mike the ones off parson and pyle roads arn't res are they there just small ponds. I have never fished them before i'm I missing in on some good action. What kind off fish are you getting out of the small ones in OBerlin. I have pulled some nice fish out of the water res

10. mikie_fin

Joe,

I am a basser. I have caught decent size bass in ALL of them. The one off Pyle road, I have caught along with my brother-in-law bass 4 to 5 pounds. There are plenty of gill in all of them.