close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Oberlin and Wellington Reservior

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by saintmathew, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Fished Oberlin Res. this morning at about 10:00 am. By the time we got there we only hooked into a few bluegill and sunfish. As we were changing spots a few guys had told us of a weedbed were they were hitting Crappie all morning long. If anyone wants the info as to where exactly the bed is, PM me and we will go from there. A few guys said it was real hot (the fishing) all early morning and at about 6 at night in this certain spot. We tried to fish it mid aft. and they were gone. Went to Wellington and watched ARCHMAN hook at 11.5 inch Perch with beautiful colors! Nice fishing there, but watch the weedbeds. Lost a mess of tackle while ARCHMAN caught all the fish. I also broke the tip of my pole, and I am just not going fishing for anything anymore until the Steelhead come in.....sorry, too much sun....

One thing I made up my mind about today, after our "Russian" conversation, they and any other jokers better stay out of all the holes in I fish this season.

Later

2. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Hittin good Crappie this time of year still ?? WOW How deep were u fishin?

3. I went back there last night after work and caught 4 good sized-crappie.

4. mikie_fin

mikie_fin Ohio & California

What Oberlin Res. did you go to? The one by Parsons Road, the two in town, or the one on the extreme west side of Oberlin ( off Pyle Road )??

5. Arch,
    Did you fish in that same spot bro? Shoulda called me yo. Can't fish this weekend, my anniversary.

Finn,
    Went to the one on Parson's Road.

Everyone Else,
    Yeah, the Crappie are still hitting up there, at the Oberlin Upground on Parsons. There is a certain weedbed they are hiding in. Fish with a medium sized bobber with about a 1/4 bell sinker on the end of a size 6 Crappie rig or size 6 hook. PM me or Arch for the exact location of the bed or fish with one of us out there.

6. Mat, it was a last minute decision. Just decided to go there after work instead of the Hoga. I fished the same area. Crappie turned on about 7:30.