Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the Tangy through High Banks. Caught a Rock Bass on about every 2-3 casts along with a few Bluegills here and there.

Lot's of Carp around.

Only saw one Small Mouth, it looked huge and was making a run for a small Gill I was bringing in.

About 1/2 of the 50 or so caught on Hares Ear Nymph and then the other 1/2 or so on a Maribou, Rabit Strip Streamer in Black and Olive...both home-brewed flies.

Couldn't buy a topwater water strike.

Probably going to head further north tomorrow.

·
Mad SOT YAKER!
1,999 Posts
That spot was my go to spot 20 years ago,lol. Up by home road and Hyatt is pretty sweet, thats where I would get my dobsonfly larvae from...

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I have fished there a couple times and caught a few nothing much to speak of, the area looks prime though, carp must really be active because I seen more than a few the other day while I was out, did the recent rain help the water levels at all???

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fished the same access area but went south of the bridge this afternoon/evening. Fishing was slow, had to put the flies righjt down next to them and fish REAl SLOW.

Couple dozen Rock Bass...several were actually 8" or so, 3 7" or so Smallies and a couple Sunfish.

It was odd, the fish would hit for 10 minutes or so then nothing for 20-30 minutes, rinse and repeat...I supose the water is just too low, slow and warm at the moment BUT I am certainly no creek expert.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I caught most of my fish the other night in about a 50-75yd stretch and within a period of about 30-45 minutes, the other 2 1/2hrs I was out there I did alot of casting and few fish.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i hit it up a lil more south of highbanks a about a mile or so... sat eve. came up with two smallies, very slow bite also the rest of the evening. had a couple more lil bites prob bluegills or something else very small.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts