close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

O-Tangy 6-30

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by brhoff, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Hit the Tangy through High Banks. Caught a Rock Bass on about every 2-3 casts along with a few Bluegills here and there.

Lot's of Carp around.

Only saw one Small Mouth, it looked huge and was making a run for a small Gill I was bringing in.

About 1/2 of the 50 or so caught on Hares Ear Nymph and then the other 1/2 or so on a Maribou, Rabit Strip Streamer in Black and Olive...both home-brewed flies.

Couldn't buy a topwater water strike.

Probably going to head further north tomorrow.

2. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

That spot was my go to spot 20 years ago,lol. Up by home road and Hyatt is pretty sweet, thats where I would get my dobsonfly larvae from...

3. I have fished there a couple times and caught a few nothing much to speak of, the area looks prime though, carp must really be active because I seen more than a few the other day while I was out, did the recent rain help the water levels at all???

4. Water is a trickle, don't think rain helped any.

5. I kinda figured that, wanted to be sure though.

6. Fished the same access area but went south of the bridge this afternoon/evening. Fishing was slow, had to put the flies righjt down next to them and fish REAl SLOW.

Couple dozen Rock Bass...several were actually 8" or so, 3 7" or so Smallies and a couple Sunfish.

It was odd, the fish would hit for 10 minutes or so then nothing for 20-30 minutes, rinse and repeat...I supose the water is just too low, slow and warm at the moment BUT I am certainly no creek expert.

7. I caught most of my fish the other night in about a 50-75yd stretch and within a period of about 30-45 minutes, the other 2 1/2hrs I was out there I did alot of casting and few fish.

8. i hit it up a lil more south of highbanks a about a mile or so... sat eve. came up with two smallies, very slow bite also the rest of the evening. had a couple more lil bites prob bluegills or something else very small.