close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

O"Shay Today

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Orlando, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Went to O'Shanassey today, water up north was green and foamy, looked like a sewer, never saw it look like that before. Did manage to catch two small bass. Decided to go south by the zoo, mamaged to pick up one good bass. Water looked much better there. Got into some good sized crappies , brought home 15 . Water has to get better soon.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

WE have our tournament there Sunday. Thanks for the post. I was surprised the number of fish that did come from north two weeks ago though. The water is getting better everyday.

3. justflippin

justflippin PB LM 10 lbs 3 oz.

I was there yesterday also, we fished almost the whole river and noticed the same conditions, but with a really fowl smell when we were way up north. I thought the egg farm was shut down.

4. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

I was told the odor from around the ramp was from the the irrigation that hasn't been used much and now it is starting to be used. I guess there is a golf course around there. The irrigation water smelled like sulfur. Saw the same type water at the upper end of griggs. Looks to me like a typical algae bloom. Went from green to brown as I went up the river.

5. Marshall,

There is most definitely a golf course just across the street from the Home Road ramp. It's in a development called Scioto Reserve, and you should be able to see the maintenance barn across Riverside Drive from the entrance to the ramp. Figures they have irrigation, but how that would affect the entire reservior I do not know myself.

Eric

6. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

warpath, I really don't think the irrigation has any pronlem with messing up the river, I was just told it(the irrigation) had an odor from lack of use. What I saw at griggs was an algae bloom which usually happens this time of year. But who knows, it could have been something else.