close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

O"Shannessy Report?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Orlando, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Anyone been to O"Shay lately? Just wondered what the water looks like. Thanks

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Orlando, It looks pretty good today, clearing up pretty good. I'll be out there Sunday bright and early. If you get there look for me, in my red/white Champion.Bythe way guys the docks are in!!!!

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Dale...If Delaware is really chewed up, you might see me and Zfish there.

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I'll be there, and the old guy will be with me :rolleyes: :confused: if he stays awake.

5. Old Guy?????? Wouldn't be the Misfit would it? Just my guess because I think he is "older" than me. :D :D :D :confused:

6. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Dale , please take a blanket and dry towels with ya . :D Speaking of the old guy , doesnt he ever post on here ?

7. Hey Dale? I thought you asked me to go Sunday? :rolleyes:

Anyways.... Who is this OLD guys you guys keep talking about? :rolleyes:

I sure hope you guys don't call me old once i get OLD!!! :D

Hydrosport, Hmmm......... water temp is getting into the fifties now..... Just a towel now will do.... Its going to be warm enought, I would dry out fast... :D

How can I be asleep all the time.... WHO do you think catches ALL the fish..... NO its not Dale either..... :rolleyes:

See ya on the water soon
    GarryS

8. EDD

EDD BASS BUM

no action on o'shannessy this morning , water 53-56 med / heavy stained ,(crank,lizards,spinnerbait,tubes, rooster tail), no real bites ,crappy was not hitting either, asked 1 other bass fisherman - no hits

9. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Just got back, to dirty for crappies. So I bass fished for the next 5 hours. One solid two pounder. Man , that reminds me of the days I used to tourny fish, Ha. Good luck tomorrow guys its gotta get better!

10. ShakeDown

I just got back myself. 3 bass and 1 cat. The 1 bass was a keeper, the other 2 small. All on tubes, shallow. WINDY at times today...might switch it up and see if Griggs is any better tomorrow.

11. Bucktail

Bucktail Banned

I was there today also and we slayed them (23 fish beween 2 people), we were crankin some shallow baits in the shallows and spinnerbaitin along with tossing a few tubes and lizards. I'm heading back sometime this week and see if I can stay on them since we caught a few nice ones (16 in. to 19 in. range), I know they are some bigger ones close, I just havent pinpointed them yet. :)

12. ShakeDown

NICE. Cranked some bandits for a while without a sniff...3 we found were shallow, close to deep water.

13. EDD

EDD BASS BUM

bucktail what time of day where you there

14. I had the boat out on O'Shay yesterday, (Saturday) and we fished all over Twin Lakes and then the next cove south of the lakes too where I pulled that 3 pounder in last year. We caught nothing. NOTHING. Not a single hit. Using all kinds of lures and live minnies too.

The water on the lake was only showing 53 - 57 degrees depending on the areas but the coves that we were in were showing 60-62 in the sun. Where the hell are the fish fellas? I sure can't find them, but then again what else is new, huh Phil? :confused:

Check the photo gallery for pictures of a car that goes in the water and a nice Smallie I got on Friday.

15. Phil Carver

Buddy your asking the wrong guy . :) I have only boated 1 bass this year so far and it was at alum . It will be a while before I hit OSR , its just one of those places thats on my list of places to avoid along with Buckeye . :D It can be tough there most of the time , the fish are never in the same location 2 days in a row .

16. I SAW at least 4 Bass yesterday at "my place" that I like. Just couldn't get them to hit. I sat there for 15 minutes and watched them flop around and build their nests. Wayne couldn't believe it too. He was with me last year when I caught the large bass on my home page picture in the same spot and at this time too.

Well, gotta go for now. Gotta go to the store and then Lily and I are going to see the Lippizanner Stallions at the Arena today at 2 pm so I won't be on the water until later maybe.

C-Ya!!!!!!!

17. Phil Carver

Oh by the way Trucked "read your pm's" :)

18. ShakeDown

Missed you again Steve. I was in twin lakes later in the afternoon.

We caught 1 in twin lakes, the rest up north past the powerlines north of home rd.

19. Was that you and your buddy fishin that layed down tree at twinlakes? If so, that was Wayne and I trolling all around the rock wall and then over by Dublin rd. I dropped my daughter off to Doris and Wayne and I went over to that little cove there. Man o man, the water was 62 in that cove. I got hit once along the trees on the right. Going back out of the lakes before you get to that dock there? But he didn't take it. I should've put a trailer hook on with one of the minnows that we had, and I would've nailed him.

Well, getting close for my trip down tp Bull Shoals Lake in Arkanas for a tournement with the Pros. Wayne and I leave on Wednesday. We are deciding on weather to leave in the a.m. so that we can make BPS in springfield by the evening or just leave Wednesday night and get to Flippin, Arkanas around 10 a.m on Thursday, eat breakfast and go to the cabin. I rented a cabin for the outing.

We will take plenty of pictures and post them when we get back.
    See ya'll later,
    :D :D