Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
couple of weeks ago i was looking for some ideas on nuts to replace plastic ones used to attach OR 18 clip to offshore boards. went to Berea hardware told the fellow i was looking for 6/32nd stainlss nuts. but then mentioned i was really looking for that size nylon nut. he said i was the first person who has asked for them. they are exactly the same as the off shore ones, but white rather than black. i solurged and got 3 for $1.36

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Ummm...6/32nd's or 3/16th's...? :confused::eek::D

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I had a plastic one split on me due to age, so with the cost of a new OR18 I bought identical stainless steel nuts at Sun Hardware in Sheffield Lake and they fit perfect. If you are in the area of Erie Outfitters, Sun is located just west of the corner of Abbe and Lake Rds.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jim, God only knows how they came off. i never was good at higher math so i guess 3/16the would be the same. when i called offshore they told me 6/32 so i wasn't going to argue. i went to berea hardware to support a local business. if these split will go stainless steel route

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
If your splitting the nuts, your cranking them down too hard. Just over finger tight is all they should be (like 1/8th of a turn after finger tight). And they'll never come loose.

Lowes has nylon fasterns.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Jim,
only one of mine split and it appears more from age as it was real brittle, than tightening. When the one split I just pulled them all off and replaced them with s/steel. I just did not want to lose the OR18. I guess it is probably over kill but still have the others in my box as back ups. Oh yeah, Jim, I saw you on a quick shot at the FLW weigh in on versus the other day! Not up close but the reef runner hat gave away your identity real easily. Dave

·
Registered
47 Posts
FWIW.....The black nylon fastners are normally UV light stable and the white are not. Sunlight will not degrade the black as quickly as the white ones.

·
Registered
328 Posts
That whole FLW show was like a one hour commercial for Reef Runner Fishing Lures,Scott and gang should be very happy about that. Joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts