Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Wondering If Anyone Fishes There N If They Do Anygood!!!!! Never Fished It Before Heard They Get Good Crappie N Bass Fishing !!!!!

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
Both are good. When the bass are in, you will see a lot of bass boats in there. it gets fished pretty heavy for the bass.

The crappie are good around the boat docks, a lot of houses back there have Christmas trees and other structure outside of there docks. find these and you will find crappie.

·
Multi-Species Fanatic
1,814 Posts
I live in Nugents and the fishing is VERY good, but as a property owner let me remind folks of a few things.

1. All of Nugents Canal land is privately owned, once you hit the sign for Nugents, even common areas, are owned by the property owners association. Meaning there is absolutely NO shore/bank fishing w/o a property owner or being their invited guest. If they or one of their family members aren't with ya - most likely you'll get the boot.

2. The water is everyone's, we know that, heck the fishing IS good and come out and give it a go. Just do it from a boat and there isn't anything, me, or any other owner can do. There's a launch right across the river on 163 that isn't far. There is a single launch within the canal that historically has not been policed very well. Choose to launch and leave your rig there all day, you may help to be the cause of us getting more aggressive with the inforcement. It hasn't been a hot issue for me - but a very sore spot with some.

3. Please do not anchor in the canal, the canal is made for boat traffic. Nothing like having to navigate the narrow canals, docked boats, oncoming traffic... then adding a boat anchored to get around. I can't believe I have to mention this but it has happened numerous times - you can't tie off someone dock or property. That actually is illegal.

Theres the nuts and bolts of Nugents, I really hope I don't come off sounding rude or mean - it's not my intention. My hope is that people just follow the rules. Remember, these are people's homes and it's a constant flow of people basically coming through their 'backyard'. The people that are courteous of the rules, we have no problem with - in fact some of the regular fisherman I have a good friendly relationship with, many know my dog by first name and I hear them talking to her when they go by... cracks me up.

I guess I will say one last thing, since buying my home in 2003, each and every time I have ever seen the Sherrif called out for a dispute - it has gone the property owners way - even when i disagreed and flat out thought the property owner was wrong. They just don't want the headache and the path of least resistence is to kick the other people out and tell the owner to just 'go back inside'. I will be the first to admit some of the owners are a bit militant and wrongly think they can restrict everything including the water.

Anyways, once again, just hoping my reply is seen as helpful as to define the rules and how to fish here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input!!! i know a property owner there n have permission from her just never have fished it! thanks alot for the heads up though always good to know that kind of stuff dont want to get into trouble while trying to fish!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts