Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
11,333 Posts
Took a while but hope he knew he was on his way out and that it took a good while.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Not even close to justice. That SOB lived for 30 years after the woman he shot to death. Justice would have been burying him 25 years ago. Allowing 5 years for appeals.

·
I jig therefore I am!
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not even close to justice. That SOB lived for 30 years after the woman he shot to death. Justice would have been burying him 25 years ago. Allowing 5 years for appeals.
Justice may have taken a while, but it definitely showed up.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Justice may have taken a while, but it definitely showed up.
because the guy died? how on earth is that justice? everyone dies... the guy lived his whole life and died of natural causes... after he decided an innocent person didn't deserve the same...

your idea of justice is just weird... not trying to give you a hard time but its just strange to me that a guy who was supposed to be executed years and years ago, managed to delay the process long enough for him to die of natural causes, and that's something you view as "justice"... getting out of your sentence? that's justice?

·
Registered
329 Posts
because the guy died? how on earth is that justice? everyone dies... the guy lived his whole life and died of natural causes... after he decided an innocent person didn't deserve the same...

your idea of justice is just weird... not trying to give you a hard time but its just strange to me that a guy who was supposed to be executed years and years ago, managed to delay the process long enough for him to die of natural causes, and that's something you view as "justice"... getting out of your sentence? that's justice?
I like to think that God will deal with people like that.. especially when they don't get what they deserve before death.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
I jig therefore I am!
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

He was scheduled to die THIS YEAR. In JANUARY. Not years and years ago. They didn't kill him, but he still died a few months later. You don't think that's justice but you think shooting a thief in the back while he's running away, who wasn't even stealing anything from you OR putting you in danger is justice?? Talk about strange!

During this time, they are generally isolated from other prisoners, excluded from prison educational and employment programs, and sharply restricted in terms of visitation and exercise, spending as much as 23 hours a day alone in their cells.

This raises the question of whether death row prisoners are receiving two distinct punishments: the death sentence itself, and the years of living in conditions tantamount to solitary confinement – a severe form of punishment that may be used only for very limited periods for general-population prisoners.

Moreover, unlike general-population prisoners, even in solitary confinement, death-row inmates live in a state of constant uncertainty over when they will be executed. For some death row inmates, this isolation and anxiety results in a sharp deterioration in their mental status
I think I would rather die I dunno.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I myself am "draconian"; believe if you even point a gun/ knife/ weapon commiting a crime, have your trial, and 3 yrs for appeals, then DIE. Commit a violent act EXCEPT in self defense, DIE. Rape someone or molest a child? DIE. Commit a terrorist act? DIE. Commit treason? DIE. Commit a crime or series of crimes where you get more than a 10 yr sentence? DIE. Knowingly pollute the environment on an industrial scale? DIE. Cheat your financial investors on a massive scale? DIE. KNOWINGLY commit perjury under oath in court? DIE. Seriously injure or kill someone driving drunk or high out of your mind? DIE. Upon conviction, NO more "repeat" offenders EVER again...DEATH is the only KNOWN and PROVEN "cure" for a whole lot of serious evil doers. I can see NO "useful" purpose to "warehousing" violent convicts at enormous cost to the nation with little to no "return", and most professional "corrections" personnel will readily agree that after being "in the system " for longer than 10 yrs, the realistic chance of EVER becoming a "useful" truly "cured" member of society is basically ZERO...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Too much hatred in the world, not enough love :) that's why we all fail each other. We've all done things that we've regret, and we're all definitely not perfect, why do we hold that standard for everyone else when we can't hold it ourselves? It doesn't matter how minor or severe the crime is, it's still a crime. We're all human and like someone mentioned above we all die. Life's too short for petty arguments that'll get no where but hatred towards each other.

I vote that we just have a fish fry instead :)

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I myself am "draconian"; believe if you even point a gun/ knife/ weapon commiting a crime, have your trial, and 3 yrs for appeals, then DIE. Commit a violent act EXCEPT in self defense, DIE. Rape someone or molest a child? DIE. Commit a terrorist act? DIE. Commit treason? DIE. Commit a crime or series of crimes where you get more than a 10 yr sentence? DIE. Knowingly pollute the environment on an industrial scale? DIE. Cheat your financial investors on a massive scale? DIE. KNOWINGLY commit perjury under oath in court? DIE. Seriously injure or kill someone driving drunk or high out of your mind? DIE. Upon conviction, NO more "repeat" offenders EVER again...DEATH is the only KNOWN and PROVEN "cure" for a whole lot of serious evil doers. I can see NO "useful" purpose to "warehousing" violent convicts at enormous cost to the nation with little to no "return", and most professional "corrections" personnel will readily agree that after being "in the system " for longer than 10 yrs, the realistic chance of EVER becoming a "useful" truly "cured" member of society is basically ZERO...

I've always said that the death penalty would be far more effective as a deterrent if it did take so long to execute. For someone to live for 30 years after receiving a death sentence is absurd.

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
450 lbs and has been in jail for years and years. Justice? You have got to be kidding me. We paid for him to get so obese that "our"system was worried his execution would be too long and painful.BUNK!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I don't see any justice at all. How much did it cost taxpayers to catch, prosecute, and keep in prison? Then he gets to eat himself into obesity in prison. Wow.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Two things! Someone in that prison should be called to task for allowing him to have that much food and when did I miss the report that bullets were no longer effective as a means of execution? What has happened to our thinking? He gunned down a defenseless woman and we get worried about a humane execution. I just don't get it!!!!

·
Ranger188
1,580 Posts
I in no way believe in the appeals process,it's as bogus as bogus can be.A judge is an elected official right? Obviously we elect him to that position because we trust him to do the job he was elected to do.The jury(although this is in question these days)is comprised of men and women that after carefully reviewing the evidence in a murder case and listening carefully to all the details make their decision whether or not the accused is guilty or innocent.Then if the accused is found guilty,they decide on his/her punishment.Sounds pretty basic and straightforward right? Then why in the hell do we need years upon years of appeals for? If the person is convicted of murder and sentenced to death on a Monday,why isn't he executed on Tuesday??? The way I see it he didn't give his victim(s)a last meal,one last chance to see his family,a few minutes to get right with the lord,or any of the other "humane" last rites.No,he murdered somebody,got caught and should be dealt with immediately.Living on death row for 15-30 years at tax payers expense is one of,if not the biggest jokes there is! Some of these animals last long enough that the families of their victims die before they even get to see the scumbag executed,but in our tolerant society that's acceptable I guess.I know,I know some of the more liberal minded folks out there say that you have to make sure that the state does not execute an innocent man.Fine,but that takes 25 freaking years to find out? I believe in lesser murder cases questions of guilt may happen,but I highly doubt that many people convicted on murder one charges(capital punishment)are ever going to be found innocent no matter how many years reptilian defense attorneys drag it out.In my world if you're a murderer,rapist,or pedophile-you die simple as that-gavel down,case closed!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
any chance you will be running for office anytime soon? :D

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
also i think alot of you guys bashing original post are over reacting...i think by "justice" he means this guy was doing all he could to avoid death by saying he was to obese to be put to death. his way out eventually killed him anyways. this is what i think he was reffering to.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
He was scheduled to die THIS YEAR. In JANUARY. Not years and years ago. They didn't kill him, but he still died a few months later. You don't think that's justice but you think shooting a thief in the back while he's running away, who wasn't even stealing anything from you OR putting you in danger is justice?? Talk about strange!

I think I would rather die I dunno.
Scheduled to die this year? 30 years after he was sentenced? So there was no delays in there? When he was sentenced in 1983, the judge said "hey, we're going to put this in the calendar for 2013, he should be good and ready by then"...

And your idea of justice is letting a serial crackhead thief get away Scott free over and over and again...

Sometimes the trash just needs taken out... It's almost as if our society is like an episode of hoarders...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts