Now Thats a Fish

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by capt-hook, Oct 30, 2007.

1. what in the hellllll..........that smallmouth is huge..
    can anyone verify if thats even real?

9 lbs 8 oz is the record in ohio...judging from the pic that hits 9-10

2. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

kind of looks like a photoshop to me. only kind of, it could very well go the other way. no offence intended for whomevers fish it is, if it is indeed real!

maybe I am just saying that because its so rare to see such a huge smallmouth!

3. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

I believe it's like 2oz under the current record.

And it's funny, when I first read your post you had linked a picture of some avg. sized white bass...I couldn't figure out for the life of me why you were so excited! :p...Now I get it :D lol

4. I remember that being posted before. I am pretty sure it's legit and not a fake. If I remember right it was slightly shy of the current record. One heck of a Smallie!!!

5. JamesT

JamesT Banned

I bet that tasted great! Lemon butter, thyme and a dusting of chives...mmm.

6. If for any reason I would kill that fish it would be to mount it. Why eat a once in a lifetime fish? Bigger fish don't taste as good anyway...

7. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

that fish is legit and there is a picture of it in the gallery after being mounted.

8. There seems to be something wrong with the photo to me, it appears to be a thirty six inch fish (aprox.) is that even possible?

9. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Picture looks funny because of the way it is held. Anytime a fish is held away from your body it looks out of proportion

10. CLappert

CLappert Gander Mtn./OBFN

That fish weighed in at 9lbs 2oz. it was caught out of Ashtabula habor back in 03 or 04 there is still a picture at the ARU launch ramp