Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I teach up at Bellevue High School (not too far from Sandusky)

after loads of pestering from the kids we have started taking steps toward forming a bass club and fishing team

we have poked around looking for a league who will sponsor us with no luck, for what ever reason there aren't any clubs or leagues near us. Not surprising that the Toledo and Cleveland clubs I have contacted have not been over excited about helping a school so far away from them. No blame at all there!

not sure what we will do about that, but for now we are organizing and think maybe we will have a just for us fun tournament with kids in jon boats or from shore as a two flight day. not sure how we will keep tabs on a winner etc but worry about that part later :)

wish us luck and feel free to chime in with suggestions

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Derek, I am going to drop you a pm: I think we need to be much more organized before we starting talking about sponors etc but more than flattered by the offer.

I also do some fly fishing from time to time: we should try to meet up for some steely action when it gets going

·
Registered
695 Posts
Here is the High School Club site for BASS Masters:

http://www.bassmaster.com/high-school

Right there at teh top is "start a club" and "registration" THere are a lot of other links there too, down a bit in blue, looks like everything you need, other than real sponsorship, is right there. I didn't read all that into it, but it looks as though you can get a club started in the High school and they help. Once you atart the Club you can then work with BASS as an officail club and do fundraising with the BASS name, it's also eaisier to find some sponsors by saying "Can you sponsor our BASS club" and have an official club thaen asking to sponsor some kids going fishing.

Back in the day we formed a Hunting Club in high school, those of us that did not play a winter sport. We lacked adult supervision and it didnt go too far after the first year.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had not tought of bass i had contracted ohio bass fed. they have a youth program too but things are slow going trying to get going

1 - 6 of 6 Posts