close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

November's mog tourney??

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by johnboy111711, Jan 29, 2005.

1. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

Is anyone fishing this on the fifth?? I am stopping and getting the times tomorrow.

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

The times for the tourney are 11-730, i'd make sure I was at the bait shop around 1030 and back by 715....I guess I must be the only person fishing this tourney....

3. Thanks for posting the times John. I think I'm going to fish the Long Lake tourney. I know I'd get better fish at the Mogadore event, but Long Lake is a tradition with me and Tim's a friend of mine.

Good luck at Mogadore and post your results, I'll post mine.

Later man.

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

good luck carl. glad to see a few people are getting intereseted in this tourney

5. What are the rules for this tourney? IE; number of fish total or weight , types of fish etc. Also where is the starting point?

6. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

i am doing the Long Lake Tourney I believe.

flash----------------------out

7. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

I'll cut ya some slack Johnboy.....I'm fishing Long too!

Gene

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

see you guys know whats up.....you guys can have those dink gills, i'll settle for 13in perch! oh yeah, and the rules for the REAL tournament are , as I beleive they were last year, 6 panfish total weight, and last time we strated from the boat house parking lot on 43.

9. There are a lot of dinks in Long, but there are some decent fish as well. Some BIG crappie and yes, even perch. Just have to find them and that's the hardest part. But if you do... ;)

I've fished Tim's tournament the last three or four years and have always had fun, except last year when I got THUMPED in both tournaments...but hey, that's fishing. Gonna give it a try this year.

Those were some real nice perch you had last year man. You're just lucky the events aren't on different days or I'd have to steal your thunder. LOL.

What about a side-tournament at Presque Isle on the 19th??? Could be REAL interesting with those big fish up there.

I swear man, I saw a guy with a BUCKET of 15 PLUS inch perch. They were absolutely HUGE.

Good luck at Mogadore.

10. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

why go to presque when i can catch perch here.... maybe some day. I actually haven't made it to mogaodre but once this year and only fished a few minutes so this will be a shot in the dark for me. I am planning on just trying to find some gills and maybe a stray perch will swim along.
    besides, long lake is a great place for you to fish.

11. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

sounds like a fun tournament, I'll try to make it

12. Are November's and Long Lake having ice tourneys on the same day? I am not complaining just thinkin out loud that there isn't enough hardwaterfans to do both justice. Why isn't there some sort of a clearinghouse for these guys so they don't overlap their schedules. Maybe a good project for the highly touted Team GFO?

13. Johnboy your so full of crap, when is the last time you went to mogadore and came home with 50 jumbo perch/bluegill combo, you just dont want to get off that wallet and spend a few for the license. Good luck fishing to you buddy.
    Let me know how you do.

14. EJH

EJH

Hey guys, how about sharing the details of the Long Lake tournament. What time does it begin and what is the entry fee. Thanks

15. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

EJH, I think there is a long lake tourney post...if not it might be considered a private thing....you are welcome to come and fish the cool guy tourney at mogadore! :D
    greg....the license isn't the thing, i buy one every year to fish smallie at a stream i just haven't found a need to spend the gas money to drive 2 hrs, fish all day, then spend more money for a room and food, unlike some guys :rolleyes: I am poor and only work part time leaves the wallet stretched pretty thin....any sponsors for me? :confused: ;)

16. I'm stopping by Long today(I hope)to get all the details and I'll post them later.

Hey johnboy, get a license and buy a couple raffle tickets. I'm drivin..

If you don't win the raffle, still get a license and come up. I'm sure someone will share the ride and gas costs with you.

17. Who is "TEAM GFO"???? I think you're on the wrong website, dude.

When and where guys have their own tournaments is their own business. We here at TEAM OGF are having our ice fishing event at Presque Isle on Feb 19-20. If they would like to coordinate something with us, we're always open to ways of doing it. If we hear anything, we'll be sure to let you know.

18. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Hey Johnboy, how much is it to enter? Ive only fished one derby in my life, a trout derby. they are fun.

does the winner get some tackle or something?

how many guys usually fish it?

can i just show up that morning and enter?

thanks...