Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
no boat
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally check out OGF in "lurker mode" and log in if I want to post or reply, today for the first time when I used the back arrow from a post I was reading (IE8) it didnt return to the forum I was in, I had to use the drop down list and it showed a redirect to something like "http://googleleads.g-" sorry I forgot the rest of the url. Now I know alot of shady websites use redirect methods to make it harder for someone to back out of their site but this is the first time I have seen this on OGF and found it odd that it had google in the url, although I am aware that doesn't mean it is actually affiliated with google. So I clicked directly on the redirect link to see whats up and it went to the same page (as expected) but then "poof" its gone from my drop down list of visited webpages. I posted this in the lounge intentionally as a heads up to the mods and everyone on the site, may not be a big deal but I thought it was worth pointing out. I'm not a webmaster but I do work in IT and I'm not worried about my pc but I thought I would bring it to everyones attention just in case so it doesn't become an issue. By the way in my drop down list of visited pages I was about six pages into OGF and before that a car audio forum site, no google searches in this window since I opened it if that helps the mods any.
Misfit, have you been going to them there "dirty" sites and corrupting OGF?(TSS = lol)

·
Premium Member
10,898 Posts
I use the back button on OGF 100's of time each week and I have never experienced what you just referred to.

Don't know what to tell you. Did it happen when you were logged in or not logged in?

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
Misfit, have you been going to them there "dirty" sites and corrupting OGF?(
LOL.i have a seperate puter for that:p:D
like lundy,i've never had that problem either though:confused:

·
no boat
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
like I said I was just trying to give a heads up to everyone, with the new IE out, and like Lund said I also have never seen this before on OGF, and I'm sure alot of peeps will be upgrading to it and like all MS products it will get slapped around by the hackers and spyware and such. Oh and in case your wondering I do lurker mode to read the forum it's because I still have that same issue of when I log into the site and try to post (there was a thread on it I think) after I type it out and click submit it will take me right back to the logon screen before I can post it, no big deal to me but if alot of others have the same issues it may throw your site stats off.
Ok I gotta go, I have to catch up with my posts on TSS, hey by the way what do you guys prefer, the neon pink nightcrawlers or the baby blue ones? I think the pink ones are on sale ...

·
Registered
413 Posts
The link appears to be broken happens to me on a couple of forums. Mostly OGF and my Gun Forums.

I really think it's because of my Weak internet connection out here in the country.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts