close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nothern river ?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crooked stripe, Jan 7, 2005.

1. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

I have only fished the Sandusky river in Freemont in the spring for the eyes and white bass when they run so I know little about the other rivers. When the flooding gets this bad how is the fishing effected? Does it take long once the rivers settle down for the fishing to be back to normal?
    I see that the Cuyahoga is flooding up north and can't emagine the sewage that is dumped in these areas. It has to be a real health issue.

2. My experience is that rivers become very difficult to fish when they rise and muddy up. When the water's warm, I look for flooded timber and vegetation in areas out of the main current and fish them with highly visible baits. When its cold, I look for deeper water, again out of the current. However, in my experience, there is no tougher fishing conditions than fast, cold muddy water. Hope this helps.

3. Once the river settles down to a fishable level, you shouldn't notice too much difference. Some of the holes might have changed, but overall, it should be back to normal.