Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after my last post of TRASH I felt like I need to get this off my chest and I hope this doesn't offend anyone but I posted a tread about people leaving trash not giving a Rat's tail about other's and mother nature's beauty and I thought of Stark Parks The grass is so high along Walborn and Deer creek has not been mowed oh the marina is nice and deer creek park but along the causeway it's horrible don't get me wrong the people that work for Stark Parks are nice but they need to do a better job on maintaining all of the area pertaining to the Lakes they are in charge of and they need to post public hunting area better It was suggested that I buy onx map's app sure good idea but post hunting areas or don't fine someone in the wrong area (yes that should be in hunting tread but hey i'm on a roll here ) The ranger pulled his map out and couldn't not figure where it started or ended and don't get me started on the cars that whizz by at 60 mph on a causeway full of people kids again so sorry about ranting on and on but just tired

·
Akron
2,440 Posts
At 71 years old I have finally decided there are two decisions you can make about trash. You can either bitch and moan about all the slobs; or if you really care about mother nature, you can pick up the trash and feel good about doing something positive! Once or twice a week I go pick up trash at my favorite boat launch because I hate seeing the trash.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At 71 years old I have finally decided there are two decisions you can make about trash. You can either bitch and moan about all the slobs; or if you really care about mother nature, you can pick up the trash and feel good about doing something positive!
I carry garbage bags with me to pickup all the trash left behind thank you and I don't feel good about about having to pickup after GROWNUP"S and maybe if more people moaned and groaned or kicked the slobs in their trash can maybe they would get a

·
Registered
113 Posts
absolutely unbelievable I cannot understand people leaving trash around. like how can you enjoy a Days Fishing in Nature and want to do that . Scumbags. They need to stiffen up the punishment but the bigger issue there are not enough people to watch after these idiots. Maybe time for more people carrying go pros Or something else to record this

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
The causeway speed limit at Walborn is 55mph.
They can post the whole causeway no fishing like at Mogadore if you prefer.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The causeway speed limit at Walborn is 55mph.
They can post the whole causeway no fishing like at Mogadore if you prefer.
Yeah the speed limit is 55 miles an hour and no I don't want them to post no fishing along the causeway but common Sense tells me which a lot of people I guess don't have is. the causeway has elderly people. Small children. And you have cars traveling at 55 mile an hour and sometimes faster have no regard 4 people better just trying to enjoy themselves. And it's funny sad actually they posted no parking because a little child that got hit and didn't survive so they put a parking lot approximately a quarter mile where now if you have a small child you have to walk from the parking lot along the causeway with all the gear for you and the child and this is supposed to be safer grow up people

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So what's the point in having a 2nd thread 16 minutes after the 1st thread....yep people are slobs.
I was #$_&-+ off and I had to stop before I said something down that would the against the rules. So I stopped and wrote a second thread. Sorry if that bothered you

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I believe the people running the parks are just as upset as you, but they get their budgets cut and are not allowed to hire workers. They are grossly understaffed and under funded. The problem is not with them it's higher up the chain of command.
Yet with that said, there are a lot of slobs out there and it's not a new problem. I actually think it has improved in some areas. It will change when we work to change it. Speak up, and educate people. I have spoke up before. A simply comment like, Hey you forgot your trash there when someone is leaving will often get them to pick it up. I have been told to F off too, but an insult is less harmful than the trash and I don't lose any sleep over it.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Do what many other have don and organize a cleanup. Posting multiple complaints here doesn't solve the problem.

I recognize your passion and concern for keeping our recreational lands clean,but if your not part of the solution your just part of the problem

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
There are a lot more dirt bags in todays society. They have absolutely zero respect for others, or the world we have been given.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
So I stopped and wrote a second thread. Sorry if that bothered you
Just my opinion but I'm just not a fan of all the internet rants. I know it's just me but for most of my life I've tried not to be that guy who goes through life complaining. Look on the internet anywhere and you see it....people are slobs, why do I have to wear a mask, I went to the store to buy a sale item and they were out, big pharma, rich people hold the poor down, Walmart sucks, I went to the lake and it was busy at the ramp and on and on and on.
It's everywhere and it all it does is incite frustration and bring people down.
In my working life I was a manager for a company. Almost everyday I went to work and I would be greeted by complaints before I even made it to my office. Most of it was people were just unhappy about their life choices and somehow it was my fault.
I understand being upset buy the trash it does suck but really 2 threads saying the exact same thing...sheesh!!!!!!! One was more than enough.

Oh and BTW I went to the lake this morning and picked up the trash at my favorite dock I usually launch at. No I didn't launch or even fish but when I saw the trash on the dock I just walked down and picked it up and put it in the trash dumpster not 40 yards away.

Just sayin

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
I recall the first time I ever fished behind the spillway at Milton, it was in Feburary and the ice was iffy but I wanted to do some fishing.
Walked down there,piles of trash everywhere. Saw a huge tangle of line and inside of it was a small treasure. An 1/8 oz jig with a half rotten chartreuse curly tail.
I didn't have anything tied on yet as I didn't know what to expect there as I wasn't very savy with the internet, I believe OGF was just getting started a little after that time.
I said to my friend, "oh look, a local favorite".
Well I tied this piece of left behind trash on,cast it out. Wham, 2 ft musky 1st cast.
Wham, 14" eye second cast.

Whoever left that gob of line and old lure there,thank you it made my day.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just my opinion but I'm just not a fan of all the internet rants. I know it's just me but for most of my life I've tried not to be that guy who goes through life complaining. Look on the internet anywhere and you see it....people are slobs, why do I have to wear a mask, I went to the store to buy a sale item and they were out, big pharma, rich people hold the poor down, Walmart sucks, I went to the lake and it was busy at the ramp and on and on and on.
It's everywhere and it all it does is incite frustration and bring people down.
In my working life I was a manager for a company. Almost everyday I went to work and I would be greeted by complaints before I even made it to my office. Most of it was people were just unhappy about their life choices and somehow it was my fault.
I understand being upset buy the trash it does suck but really 2 threads saying the exact same thing...sheesh!!!!!!! One was more than enough.

Oh and BTW I went to the lake this morning and picked up the trash at my favorite dock I usually launch at. No I didn't launch or even fish but when I saw the trash on the dock I just walked down and picked it up and put it in the trash dumpster not 40 yards away.

Just sayin
and I value your opinion I try not to complain but at times it to tough to ignore and you what when I drive to the lake I too just pick up trash but yesterday I just had enough and The 2 thread thing sorry next time the tread will be a novel a adult novel with a R rating instead of cooling down while writing

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
and I value your opinion I try not to complain but at times it to tough to ignore and you what when I drive to the lake I too just pick up trash but yesterday I just had enough and The 2 thread thing sorry next time the tread will be a novel a adult novel with a R rating instead of cooling down while writing
My grandmother was more into mystery novels than those R rated adult novels.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts