Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
July 16th. I picked up my brother at 06:00 and drove to the river. We started getting our 5 rods in the water at 06:30. The river was clear and a slow current, we had hoped for some action. We had thawed small skipjack, shad, chicken liver and seasoned chicken breast, plus 2 decent size fresh skipjacks for bait. As the hours passed we talked h two of the local fishermen, they said no one has been catching fish the past week. They reported the shad are not even being caught for bait!

After five and a half hours without ANY bites we packed it in for this trip. Needless to say we were both frustrated and worn out by sitting in the hot sun! Neither of us can figure out what to do to catch some fish now. Not sure when the hot weather will end, might have to wait till September. At least we did get out doors and got some fresh air.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I guess that it's hope that our next outing will be the one where we catch 'em and catch 'em, that keeps us coming back.

I am planning on getting back on the river this coming Monday. They are calling for rain over the weekend, so I wouldn't be adverse to a mild rise and some color entering into the mix

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that it's hope that our next outing will to the one where we catch 'em and catch 'em, that keeps us coming back.

I am planning on getting back on the river this coming Monday. They are calling for rain over the weekend, so I wouldn't be adverse to a mild rise and some color entering into the mix
well my car broke down so not sure when I will be able to get the boat back on the river. Have to figure if I need a different car or suv.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts