close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Not really a "hot deal" but a hot item...

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by UFM82, Jul 15, 2004.

1. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

Vexilar has announced the development of a new shoot-thru transducer for ALUMINUM hulled boats. That is correct, you can get rid of the transom mounted transducer and use a shoot-thru. If you are installing a new finder, there is no reason to drill holes in your boat. If you have a transom mounted 'ducer now, you know how much of a pain they are- getting kicked up by debris, losing bottom signal at speed and creating that big rooster tail behind the boat, not to mention the extra drag. You can take this transducer and mount it to the bottom of your boat with their special epoxy and hook it up to any finder with the proper adaptor cable. They claim ZERO signal loss when it is mounted properly by the instructions.

All you guys with aluminum boats- this is great. I wish it had been out when I had my Sea Nymph- I would have had one in a heartbeat. They are available on their site now but won't be out in stores for another month or so. Cost is like $90 for the 'ducer and another $20 for the cable. Great deal to get rid of that transom mounted pain. Just thought I'd let you know. Their site is www.vexilar.com

Just FYI

UFM82

2. MAINAH

MAINAH Little Member

Cool, I'll keep this in mind when I get a fishfinder for my boat.

3. Thanks! That's something worth looking into. I guess the only downside would be no temp. reading.

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Looks like a great idea, it could be mounted up towards the center of the boat so you'd be spotting fish under you instead of behind you. :) Not too pricey either, unit is $90 + 20 for the adaptor cable.

5. I'm already saving my nickels and dimes.

6. My Monark has a solid floor in it, any suggestions as to how to install the new Vexilar transducer in it?

7. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

I would think. There must be a bilge pump in her somewhere? Is there an area in the rear where you have access to the hull? I've not seen a boat where you cannot get to the hull somewhere.

UFM82

8. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

What about under the console? I'd consider cutting a hole there....or maybe you have some drains in your floor?
    I sure wish I knew for sure it would really work as well as it's supposed too. Hate to go thru all that work & then it was mounted in a wrong location :eek: