Not good

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by starcraft, Apr 30, 2008.

1. starcraft

starcraft Sponser MHS

Well last time i updated on dads condition things were looking up but it has turned out for the worse and need your prayers!! The cancer has spread to his brain:( and the docs telling him they have to stop treatments so its not good. Thanks everyone for all your help and support in this tough time, my things change FAST!!!! :confused:

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

sorry to hear that,mike.i know that as long as you've been dealing with this,you were pretty prepared for the worst.but having things looking up,then down can be hard to take.as you know,i've been there and understand your plight.hang in there,and remember what is supposed to be,will be.give me a yell anytime if you need/want to.you're in my thoughts.

3. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

Sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what you're going through. Remember, doctors aren't always right....

4. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

My Mom went thru this a few years ago and the same Thing. Just when she seemed to have it tackled everywhere else it showed up in her brain in the form of a large cancerous tumor in a bad location. All looked very bad and the Docs offered little hope. Somehow they were successful in removing the damn thing and after a long road to recovery she's fine today, albiet almost deaf and a little unsteady in her balance.
    When all looks bad there are, at times, positive outcomes. That is what I wish for you and your Father. My prayers are with you. God Bless.

5. Like Papa, my niece had a huge spider type mass in her brain and when they went to do surgery, she almost bleed to death.

She had a liver transplant and the meds make it difficult to perform surgery due to bleeding. Whatever this mass is, has never given her a problem in over 10 years and they weren't able, to even get far enough into the operation, to verify what it was!

At the time though "they had to operate!". Don't give up hope, you just never know!

The emotional roller coaster during these times can be very exhausting. Try your best not ride that train!!

When my niece was born 26 years ago, she wasn't suppose to survive past 4 years old. Her only cure was a liver transplant that they didn't perform back at that time. She had one at 14 years of age (she set a medical record for a female, to live that long with the disease she had, waiting on a technology that did not exist!) There are medical journals written from her ordeals!

There is always hope!! Hang in there!!! Prayers are with you!!

6. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Mike I am so sorry to hear that. Stay strong for your dad and your family. I'm here for you if you need to talk.

7. I have been there so I too know what you are going through. It is a very tough thing to deal with. I will be keeping your family in my prayers. Keep hope and like Misfit said whatever will be, will be. But that can also mean the what will be may be a miracle.

8. My prayers to you. god is good. Look to him. he always answers our prayers even if it's not the answer we're looking for. I've lost many children to cancer (friends) my daughter praise god lives to tell her story. turns age 8 on may 9th. she lost her best friend. No matter what age it's the hardest thing to deal with. my heart and prayers to you are your family. cancer sadly knows no age.

May god watch over you! and one last thing..miracle DO happen! keep the faith.

connie of woodysoutdoors

9. moondog5814

moondog5814 captainhook

July 15th will be 10 years since I lost my Dad to cancer. Now, my mother has breast cancer. This disease has probably affected everyone on this website. My prayers go out to you and your family as you deal with everything. God Bless.