not an outborad savy guy

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by fshnfreak, Nov 18, 2007.

1. fshnfreak

fshnfreak I fish therefore I am!!

ok guys heres my dilema i am bringin home my new to me boat wednesday. the boat has a 115 johnson on it and i want to get in winterized but i dont feel comfortable doing it myself. what i want to know is how much is to much to pay for the service. i can do the basics like changing the lower unit lube, and satbilizing the fuel. but the whole engine fogging and the antifreeze deal actually intimidates me a lil bit. so i called the local guy and he said a 100 bucks for all. i called a place about 20 miles away and they told me 79.99. and thier guy is a certified envirude johnson tech. so i guess my question is is that unreasonable. both places are giving me identical service as far as what they are doing to the motor. oh yeah by the way i found out the guy that charges a hundred bucks isnt a certified tech at all . not that really bothers me because i know he knows what hes doing i just dont get why hes chargin 30 dollars more. anyway any help would be greatful.

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

3. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

man, dont waste your money paying someone to winterize an outboard. theres lots of info out there. just read some and go do it.