Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished up a brief overview of this past year's catfishing experiences.

Here is a summary of MY 2016 catfishing season. The first time out was May 27th, the last trip was November 18th. I went on 25 combined bank and boat trips. I had a grand total of 14 catfish and my grandson boated one nice Channel cat.

The biggest cat was a 23# 6 oz. Blue cat, second was a 17.5 # Blue cat, and third was a Flathead of 13.5#s. One other blue cat, the rest were Channel cats ranging in size from 2.5#s to 8.5#s that my grandson caught.
5 were caught using raw shrimp, 4 on strawberry soaked chicken breast, 3 on shad oil soaked chicken breast, 1 on cut Skipjack,1 on cut shad,1 on chicken liver.

I had to use these different baits since I had no luck getting Skipjacks! I did net a few shad at the ramp but not a lot at a time. There were times my brother and I was given shad and fresh Skipjacks by some friends. We baited right up with them but never got any bites!

This was a lousy year, a LOT of effort, very little reward of action by the fish. Since the commercial fishermen have hammered this section of the river the past 3 years it has impacted the number of decent fish here!
Next year I am considering going up to W.V. section of the Ohio River. They Ohio AND W.V. DO NOT allow commercial fishermen on that part of the Ohio River .It is a shame but that might be the only way to hook into decent number and size of catfish again.

http://cincinnaticatfishing.com

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree with u on i might hit a different section of the river to caych fish Cincinnati is going thru q bad spell... But ive had luck on yge gmr over in the Harrison section

1 - 2 of 2 Posts