close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Norton SystemWorks???

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by Mayfly, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Installed Systemworks a couple months ago. Has some great features. After downloading, I now have a 'N/PROTECTED' recycle bin. What are Norton Protected Files???? Should they ever be ERASED???? PDF manual does not cover the recycle bin!!!! Anyone know about this??? Documentation with this product is not very thorough in explaining what each scan does....scary for someone not real computer savvy. Any help appreciated.

2. Im no computer wiz BUT I THINK THE BIN IS TO PROTECT YOUR FILES FROM
    VIRUSES. IF EVERYTHING IS LOST THE BIN WILL NOT EMPTY OR BE-HARMED.
    LUCKILY A FRIEND IS A WIZ AND HELL GIVE ME SOME INFO!IVE ONLY HAD IT A WEEK AND ITS :confused: :confused: LET YOU KNOW IF I FIND OUT ANYTHING ELSE. :cool:

3. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

i installed norton system works and it crashed my hole computer!had to redo everything.windows and all.my next door neighbor owns a computer company i will ask him whats in the bin if you can wait until weds or thurs.

4. I've had no trouble at all...
    What I would do is a complete un-install of Norton then re-install there may have been a hick-up on the first install... Make sure you shut down all other windows and programs before yoou re-install

5. i believe i had to shut down to complete the loading! hope its helpful :)

6. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I think the protected recycle bin prevents you from nuking system files accidentally. It's been years since I've used it (it pretty much takes control of your pc, so I ditched it) so I could be wrong.

7. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

I have the same set up.... luckily ive never had a problem with it. ive erased them at times and never had that cause any probems either. i think you can set it for how many files you want protected and you can also turn it off as it keeps writing to the hard drive. mine is set to save the latest 1500 files or so.

for me its just a non-issue..i have no idea what its for but then again ive had no reason (screw ups) to learn what it is or what its for.

the only reason i know anything about this computer is due to problems and crashes and that kind of stuff.

norton protected files have never caused me any problems.

(that i know of)

im not really a computer whiz like a lot of these other guys.

8. I FOUND OUT TODAY MY COMPUTER IS ON ITS LAST LEG! THE NORTON AND STOP-ZILLA IS ONLY PROLONGING ITS LIFE. IT HAS A HARD TIME IN START -UP. NO-WINDOWS! GO FIGURE ITS A WINDOWS 2000! :D :rolleyes:
    IF U GO THROUGH YOUR ULTILTIES TO NORTON WIZ AND NORTON ANTI
    IT HAS SOME NICE FEATURES ON PROBLEM SOLVING. MY C WAS CROSSED WITH D-DRIVE. WHAT A MESS! GOOD LUCK AND HOPE THIS HELPED. :cool:

9. Thanks for the feed back guys! I think I, with your help, have it figured out, but I'm still open to more input!