close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Norton Marine 3-Day In House Show!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TritonBill, Feb 18, 2005.

1. My buddy and I went to the Norton Marine In House Show tonight. I was really impressed with everything and especially the seminars. Tonight we got to listen to Gary Klein talk about Flippin and Pitching and also Dion Hibdon talk about Drop Shotting and fishing. Sure was a great time and free! I rated it right up there with the BASS Seminars that you pay over 100 dollars to go see. The events are going on all day tomorrow and also on Sunday.

What a service this is that Norton is putting on for its customers and friends!

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I knew I was forgetting about something when I agreed to work tomorrow. I guess I'll just have to be a little late and stop on my way home from work around 12:30

3. Its Good To Hear Your Wife Lets U Out Bill! :D I Love The Drop Shot And Jig For Back Trollin. Great Summer Tip! ;) Glad To See U Enjoy U-self Man!

4. My wife and Kids are gone on vacation!

5. Thats Why Your Up Late!

6. I am goin to the show tomorrow.

7. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Just got back from the show. I missed dion by a couple minutes. I talked with Kim Stricker for a few minutes. My oldest boy had six trout on, but he only landed one. I saw Fish4Bass and caught a glimse of the back of Shortdrifts head while he was watching the walleye seminar. I got some good info from the Lowrance guy and found out that the buzzbaits I love are discontinued. The guy is letting me special order them anytime I want though. Yippee.

8. Excellent show and presentations. Norton sure knows how to say thanks and cater to the true fishermen. Unlike the Cleveland show that is loaded with hucksters, those with displays at Norton were staffed with qualified personnel. ;) I'll bet this show will be bigger next year after Norton expands.
    Got an update on my boat delivery and was assured they will outfit it as soon as it comes in so I can take it to Dale Hollow. I'm ready for some open water fishing! :)

9. Like I said I am going tomorrow, does anyone know when the pre season meeting is for the NBC? Any info is appreciated. Thanks, ohio bass

10. I agree with shortdrift very good show! I sat through 2 presentations,Klien and hibdon Both were very good. I got to drool on the new rangers and tritons.lol and talk with Gary Klien after the shows. It was good to see ncraft and sortdrift there. If either of you need someone to help weight down those new boats, let me know, I'd be glad to help you out. :D

11. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

They have all of their times for everything at their website. Link here for more info.- www.nortonmarine.com. Then click on the top menu item about the show on the left side of their homepage news area.

12. Thanks guys,

Is anyone else goin to be there with me tomorrow? Looks like everyone went today, guess I will be the only one there. ohio bass

13. I'll be there tomorrow with my Dad! Look for me and say , "Hello"

14. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

I have to tell you... I had such a great time at the Norton Show yesterday! The seminars that they put on were very well done, extrememly educational, and very organized. I had the opportunity to just stand around and "shmooze" with some very talented fishermen. (Kim Stricker,Chuck Economon and Gary Klein). [​IMG]
    CHUCK, MARCIA AND KIM

Kim, Chuck and I hung out for about an hour together just talkin' and goofing. I extended an invitation for either of them to go out fishing sometime, just for fun. Kim, in particuliar, has that odd sense of intellectual humor that I find so appealing. :D I just know that we would have a great time out on the water. For any of you who have never heard him speak at a seminar, I would highly recommend it. His seminar included a movie/slide show. This is truly where the "Reel" kim came out :eek: This was the moment that I said to myself...."Wow... I seriously need to fish with this guy!"
    Kim if you're reading this...I'm waiting for a phone call from you! :D
    While at this show, Rob, Darryl and I decided to fish in the little Trout Pond. I actually caught 3 trout! Well, ooops, I snagged the first one.. didnt mean to! Honest! Poor little thing.. But, I did apologize to him, and of course thanked him... just as I do ALL of my fish :) Rob caught a couple, and so did Darryl :D Boy oh Boy was it nice to smell fish on my hands again. :) I am going through some serious fishing/boating withdrawls...
    Rob is back at the show today with Zach (Reelson). I unfortunately couldnt go because I have to pick Hanna up from church at 4:30.
    Only a few more weeks till Bass Master University though! Gary Klein will be speaking there again as well.
    Norton Marine as A1 in my book. Very knowledgable, personable and helpful are just a few of the words I have to describe them. Thanks for my little goodies last night all of you!
    Marcia

15. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Nice to see TritonBill and Reel Man again. I'm getting the itch real bad to get on the water now!! Kim Stricker had some really good video!!

16. I also went to the show. It was fantastic. Norton Marine sure put on a great show.

17. It is darn nice to see a dealership that gives someting back to their customers as well as the general public without charging for it. Free seminars, free food, and limited ( limited by room only) but quality displays.
    The only thing that you paid for was trout fishing and the $3 for the time allowed was a real bargin compared to other shows. The youngsters as well as the older :rolleyes: kids were getting around 10 minutes of time while I watched them.
    When you consider how much time and effort Norton puts into the show along with the cost, you have to admit that they are a first class operation.

18. Hey Dave, It was great to see you again also! Let's go fishing sometime this spring.

I wonder if you can buy Kim's video anywhere? That was pretty interesting.