Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed any reservoirs turning over here in northwest, north central Ohio? My brother and I took my boat out on Willard Reservoir yesterday evening..nice wind and chop on the water..nice southwest breeze..perfect conditions..weather has been pretty consistent here past few days as well. Full moon to boot!!!! Tried usual spots and usual baits..couldnt get a bite!!! My brother picked up one small perch not even worth mentioning. Surface temperature said 71. Wasnt even getting the typical small bluegill bite!!!! A local there said he believes the reservoir had turned over. Saw a few floating weeds here and there that were green on top and had a reddish, maroon color to them at the bottom. Turnover beginning to happen? Hoping for some good feed-back by some of you experienced seasoned anglers out there. God bless you and your loved ones!!! And hope a wonderful fall fishing season to you all!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes we were out on Kildeer Monday and it does appear to be turnover time. veggies commin up telltale green tint to the water. The fish were hugging the slack wind areas. On a bright sunny day the smallies were pouncing at jigs in slack but void in wind washed areas. vegitation bits everywhere. Crappies were 10' down in the windy sides. Both species were pale in color.

·
Banned
6,703 Posts
Findlay is turning over. Cool temps and the surface gets cool, heavier water sinks and pushes the warm water up. Here at Findlay it useally takes a week or more. After the water temp stabilizes for a day or two the fish start to feed and if your lucky and find them its a good time. I went to #1 Sunday afternoon and the water is all mixed up. Walked along the North shore for about 200 yds and saw some clear water and some muck water, so its turning.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know size, clarity, depth, and weather conditions are major variables in 'the turnover'..but does anyone have any kind of idea how long it generaly takes a reservoir to get into a 'more fall pattern' after the turnover,s have begun?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts