close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

northridge pond last night

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Flathead King 06, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

went up to northridge last night with 2 buddies and managed this little guy...weighed in at 11lbs and was quickly released after photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hmmmmm where was that "little guy" tonight?! haha

3. Flathead King is spoiled by all the 20+ blues he catches. I think we should make him fish with a 1.5' walmart spongebob pole from now on.

That should even out the odds :D , but...my money is still with flathead finding a way to land them...

Nice catch flathead.

4. Nice!

I fish northridge pond a lot and don't have much luck. I've tried liver, hot dog, night crawlers. What did you catch that guy on?

5. You're right! It never fails.... Three of us sitting side by side (We can even alternate who casts where.) Fishing with the same exact tackle, the same exact way, same exact depth with the same exact bait..... Mr Flathead's bait clicker is ALWAYS the one to take off. hahah

The way I look at it.... The dip net guy helped catch the fish too.... Right?! hahah

6. ssouthard

ssouthard Retired Lake Erie Guide

Yes you are the king at Northridge Pond! I will have to try that bait! Steve

7. ssouthard

ssouthard Retired Lake Erie Guide

I dare ya! Could you land one that big with a sponge bob pole?

8. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

I guess I'll have to meet you all out at the pond and show ya how to "really" catch 'em..:D

Nice catch by the way.

9. iteech

iteech Shebasser

I always have a hard time getting anyone to fish with me...because I always catch more than them, even though they are using the exact same bait in the exact same place. I had a fisheries biologist tell me this is common--and it has to do with the acidic/alkaline balance in an individual's skin--people are very different with that balance. The fish like one better than the other (can't remember which) but if your skin has that particular balance, then whatever you put on the line--whether it's live bait or lures or whatever--it contains that particular smell, and they'll hit it quicker than another one, even though they are identical. Happened to me this weekend! Fishing with my grandson in a pond, and I was just pulling up the lmb one after another, fishing with chicken. He was putting chicken on and throwing it in the exact spot, getting nothing. He was so frustrated, and I finally said "here honey, let Nana put the chicken on the hook". It barely hit the water and WHAM, a big bass creamed it. He was pretty happy--14" and his personal best. Anyone you know who seems to always catch more than anyone else, let them put your bait or lure on--really. My kin who fish regularly make me handle all the tackle in their box..you may think this is funny, but they swear they get better bites...:D

10. iteech, i read an article a few weeks back that totally backs up what ur talking about, especially with catfish, basicly the article talked about catfishing and how catfish are really just one huge sensorier organ and the smallest trace of something transfered from our skin to the bait could determine if it enticed a strike or not, so one night i thought id do a test of this and well after thoroughly cleaning my hands with non scented soap, and making sure to only handle the live bait without handling other things often i did get more bites, so u are correct about that for sure.

nice catch by the way didnt mean to hijack the thread.

11. Soooo..... Come one come all!

Limited supply of "Flathead King 06" handled baits! Two easy payments of $12.95. Act now and get a free pair of rubber gloves so you don't ruin the Flathead kind scent!

12. Flathead King 06

lol....Ive often wondered about the scent of someones hands on the bait...I read about that a while ago and didnt give it much thought until just now after reading the posts...looks like Ill be baiting everyones hooks from now on...:D ..."I'm in the money, I'm in the money...." :D

13. i also agree. when my father was alive we would bass fish almost every sunday, morning spring through fall. i would routunely out catch dad 4 or 5 to 1. i never washed my hands with soap prior to fishing, no yard work, no food, and i do wash off my hands in the water i fish. my dad was a huge chilli pepper and onion fan. he ate them with every meal. i believe that was the difference. we fished the same water, with the same lures. i also wear blue jeans and long sleeve shirts when its early morning and the bugs are on the bite, no bug juice.

14. bigdogsteve-o

bigdogsteve-o The Catfishing God

What kind of scale did you use for that? to me it looks about 5 pounds lower the 11 you said it is

15. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

steve the camera makes the fish lose 5 pounds

16. Flathead King 06

well I didnt believe the fish weighed that much but it was a short fat fish...a little hawg is more like it, but I just got a new rapala digital 50lb scale...and just to make sure it is on...I calibrated it before i went fishing that night up to a 5lb exercise weight and it was on...and I had 2 guys with me that night that can vouch for the weight

17. bigdogsteve-o

it just looks aweful small to me.

18. pendog66

fisher price scales are touchy sometimes;) :p

19. bigdogsteve-o

thats funny right there! I don't care who you are thats funny

20. pendog66

seriously tho steve we are doin some pond fishing this week. we have some fish to catch :D