Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great night on the Greenville Creek with my wife and son. Bite was a little slow but we caught some nice fish.
ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1376958636.942594.jpg

Using a white tube on 1/16 jig. Water was lower and visibility was 18".
My son caught a creek chubs right away so he was excited. I cast across the creek into a pocket under a log. And bam caught a nice 15" smallie. Sadly he inhaled the jig and was a bleeder but after some coaxing back and forth under the water he took off. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1376958847.886585.jpg
My wife caught a nice 11" near the same spot on a small Rebel Crawl.
ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1376958929.206589.jpg
Then we ventured into a new area for the three of us together. I hit it alone at times because the water can be pretty swift when it's not dry. I cast across I to a downed tree. Letting the tube drop just before it hit bottom it was sucked up and a short fight ensued. Flipping out of the water like a nice smallmouth does. I caught a glimpse of its color and realized I had a nice sized rock bass on the end of the line. After measuring and getting a couple pics. I placed the 11" Fish Ohio rock bass back in the water. My forth Fish Ohio this year. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1376959211.129410.jpg
We started heading back to the jeep when my son (6years old) set a challenge. The last person to catch a fish wins for the night. So the three of us began feverishly casting all around. I caught a 9" largemouth. And my son said ok next fish wins. He caught a 2.5" shiner and yelled put the poles away guys its Over I win.
So we called it a night. But honestly deep down I know I won because I got to share the sport I love so much with the two people I live for!
Family time on the creek!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attachments

·
Annyong!
1,461 Posts
Nice report Britam. Were your four fish Ohio fish different species? Qualifying you for the Master Angler pin?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I love the Rockss!! Would like to see those get much bigger, a 15" rock would be somethin to see. But I'll take a FOH one any day of the week.

Nice outing with the family, looks like tons of fun out there.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
650 Posts
Nice Rockie! I love catching them, as a matter of fact I went out targeting them last night. I have a new way that I have been using that seems to filter out the Gills. Cut a minnow pattern YUM worm in half then cut the halves lengthways and use it like a little minnow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts