close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Northern Pike

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cowanmuskie, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Hello all you avid pike hunters! I'm new to Ohio, and I know a few lakes and rivers that support pike Mosquito Cr. Lake, West Branch, and Pleasant Hill Res.
    ......Would you please list them here, someday I will get away from work and do some great pike fishing. Thanks-Rich

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Some of the best in the area is the Cuyahoga River.

3. catking

catking Banned

I heard Lake Erie @ East Harbor in the early spring is a very good place. Nice bank access also. CATKING

4. Sandusky and Maumee Rivers should hold a few as well, especially after ice-out. There are some good river systems and lakes in Northern Indiana for pike as well but I can't think of any names off the top of my head. In SW Ohio, the upper Great Miami is proported to hold a population of northerns but I never caught any down there. The state record came from a private club lake not far from Dayton many years ago (although I'm sure bigger pike have been caught in some of the no-fishing-allowed water sheds in NE Ohio). I think the Cuyahoga, West Branch Reservoir and some of the bays in lake Erie are your best bet in Ohio. Some of the other rivers in NE Ohio, like the Tuscarawas, hold pike too but I've not had any first hand experience there.

Steve