Northeast Ohio Sportsmans Show.......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Skarfer, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Anyone going - or anyone know anything about this?? Since it's right down Rt. 30 from my house, we were thinking of taking the kids and going..........any info???

http://www.ohiosportsmanshow.com/

2. I live close by also, so will probably check it out....I do not have any information apart from what appears on the website.

3. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Thanks for the link Skarfer. Alumking mentioned this show a couple of weeks ago but I couldn't find where in Dalton it was. I guess he is putting on some seminars. I may go since it's a nice drive from my house and not in Cleveland.:p

4. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

What exactly is the address of this show? The site just states at the new Graham Center but it assumes you know where this is.
    Is it at 1417 Zuercher Rd south of US 30?

5. If you're heading through Dalton twords Wooster, go through that light.......then up the hill and it's on your left. They just built and opened some big warehouse thing, and that's where it's at.........don't know the exact address.

6. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

If I'm heading to Wooster on Lincoln Way or US 30? There are lights on both roads.
    Thanks

7. I was talking coming out rt. 30...........when you get to that light where GG. Grim (car dealer) is.......past that heading up the hill twords Wooster.

By the way, my wife, son, daughter and I will be there on Saturday..........most likely we'll have a wagon for the kids and I'll be pulling it - or a stroller for my daughter and my son will be on my shoulders! HA!! If anyone sees a good looking bald guy with a blonde and two kids - that's ME!

8. Which way would you be coming though? If you took 585 or whatever from barbertucky - to orville?

if that's the case - then you'd turn left at the light by the golf course and it would be on your right before you head DOWN the hill into Dalton........

9. i really hope it's cool and not a crap fest like the IX center's show has become over the past few years. I stopped going because it seemed all there was were lodges and charters...........

I liked going and being able to buy fishing crap for cheap...........

10. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

I'll go and check it out. Thanks

11. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I would be coming down Dalton-Fox Lake Rd. I like the back roads...
    I know the area pretty good. That's on my "Amish run".:p

I have to say hi if I can make it Saturday. I'm 6' skinny with a flat top.
    I'll have my 3 year old daughter with me.

12. Fishers of Men

Just looked at the schedule and found out that a friend of mine is doing seminars there, I'll find out some info shortly, he's on his way over here..

13. As long as everything goes as planned - we'll be there Saturday!

14. Fishers of Men

I found out that the people that are putting it on has spent a lot of money to make it good and for promotions. approx. 288 exhibitors, the seminars and the new building and the location for easy access for everyone. I guess this is their 1st one so to speak, the promotor had 2 other ones in the past.
    It should be a packed house I was told. The reason it is fri and sat is because of the Amish not doing anything on Sundays. At a 10.00 ticket and free parking, lets check it out.

15. I live maybe 1/2 mile from the building. If you come through Dalton on rt 30 the is no way you'll miss it. Its 1/4 mi west of the Rt 30 and 94 intersection on the south side of the road. Parking at the site will be very limited. I have heard parking with shuttle busses will be availible at the Lining Waters Church behind the YMCA approx 1 mile west.

16. Really? man - that sucks about parking. Sounds like a real pain in the butt to be shuttled with 2 little kids and all our gear. We'll be packin strollers and everything else........

17. I heard there is closer parking for $5 not sure though. that's what the website said. I'm going tomorrow. anyone go today? how was it?

18. Fishers of Men

19. how many venders did they have? do they have food or do we need to eat before we go in? did you watch any seminars?

20. Bassboy883

Bassboy883 Frog This

I went last night and parked for $5. They have food there and to be completely honest I wasn't impressed at all with the show. Its a nice building and it was easy to get around inside but mostly taxidermy, hunting trips, and lake erie charters. I think they had one booth with reels and some tackle, and one booth with some crappie gear and everything else was trips and mounts.