Ohio Game Fishing banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
I’ve never caught a Northern in the Mahoning but have caught a few Muskie in my days of Walleye fishing below the spillway. Used to love that place, haven’t fished there in years. Remember going downstream by the big rock shoulder to shoulder during the spring run. Good times!
Hundreds of memories of what we called standing Rock with my pops the good ole days the lazy trash throwing fisherman ruined it now you can only fish 50 ft. from dam.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hundreds of memories of what we called standing Rock with my pops the good ole days the lazy trash throwing fisherman ruined it now you can only fish 50 ft. from dam.
Yeah that really sucks, used to like going down there. That and the thieves and vandals in the parking lot chased me away. Oh well we still got the memories they can’t ruin that!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
My buddy caught that last one three different times. Twice in a week apart same area, then the third time was 3 months later a mile upstream. I told him I swear he sneaks down and feeds him! 🤣 We call him Walter! Lol

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
I’m dying to ask, do you eat them? Or just c&r? I know they are great eating, if cleaned properly, four nice, white filets! And just to add, everyone needs a fishing buddy like yours!
Nah c.j. I’m all catch and release except for the one I put on the wall. Yup he’s a great friend! He got me back into fishing 4 yrs ago to clear my head after my youngest daughter passed away. Great man!!!

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,287 Posts
Definitely a nice one there ezbite. And if you are where I think you are, that may be the best early spring pike spot on the whole lake.
It was in the spring, still had ice on the main lake.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Did you guys know that each individual Pike can be identified by the first couple rows of spots on its tail? They are called the Orca Markings and no two are the same! Nice to know if you keep logs and pics!
Pollinator Organism Bird Terrestrial plant Beak

21 - 40 of 58 Posts