Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like the Mahoning to me.
I’ve never caught a Northern in the Mahoning but have caught a few Muskie in my days of Walleye fishing below the spillway. Used to love that place, haven’t fished there in years. Remember going downstream by the big rock shoulder to shoulder during the spring run. Good times!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I always heard that January/February is a great time to fish for pikecicles.
Yep, February IMO the best. They’re in a spawning frenzy, pissed off and smashing lures! And that’s when the big girls come out to play! 😁 Got her the first week of February!
Snow Military camouflage Tree Plant People in nature

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yep, February IMO the best. They’re in a spawning frenzy, pissed off and smashing lures! And that’s when the big girls come out to play! 😁 Got her the first week of February! View attachment 499276
That's a nice one. I got one that size last summer from the river that creek connects too. It was nice surprise. I caught it on 75 whopper popper while smallie fishing. I get a lot of mudd puppy bites using cut bait in that creek in the winter. Although, I only go out to walk the dog in the winter anymore. I'm moving south soon, can't stand the winter anymore.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
What are you throwing thisis time of the year? Im thinking slow rolling a husky jerk type bait or a swimbait.
I usually throw strictly HJ10’s-HJ14’s and I don’t slow roll them. Couple jerks to get it down where I want it then, steady reel, 2-3 jerks pause, reel, 2-3 jerks pause, repeat. IMO I think this triggers the reaction strikes. Good luck man!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts