Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been fishing from here for the last 5 or so outings. Lately with all the rain and wind there's been no luck. I've been fishing with glow night crawlers and minnow. Any suggestions on bait, or any suggestions on a different area to try? I don't have a boat so I'm limited to fishing from shore. My grandfather use to take me fishing, and he's passed, so I've been trying to pick this sport back up on my own. You can pm me if you would like. Thank you.

·
Registered
241 Posts
It depends on what you're fishing for. You could try chicken liver for hybrid stripers and catfish or rye crisp crackers for carp. Also, Buckeye Outdoors sells some stuff called sudden impact fiber bait that I caught a lot of cats on. The stuff is really sticky and stinky. It's a dip bait. I'd reccomend putting using one of those "furry hooks" they sell to hold the dip bait onto the hook.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I live in reynoldsburg too, Main/270. I'll be catfishing an evening or two as weather permits thur fri or sat. i put boat in at north shore, pm if interested in fishing ill send ya my #
Chuck

·
¿
273 Posts
I'll probably be out Friday or Saturday we put in at state park off 79. Usually 830 or 900. Gotta talk to fishing partner to confirm I'll PM you when we get narrowed down. We just cut up a neighbors tree that came down in storm. I may go out earlier cause I'm free on Friday after 12 noon. Only problem is daytime boat traffic. I hate it. If you have an open seat I may be able to get you a partner.
Sent from my C5155 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts