Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to north res this morning with my buddy in my inflatable. Got out on the water at about 830am and got off at ten. Completely skunked. Water clarity was terrible, didn't even see any signs of fish. No one from shore had anything either other than a couple dink gills.

Proceeded to head to turkeyfoot and was on by ten at old state park. On my second cast I nailed a nice largemouth. We moved around a bit and got into some small perch and Big Gils. Even had about ten-12 redears. One was a 9 incher. Overall pretty good day.

One thing I have to comment about is the lack of courtesy on turkeyfoot. The pontooners don't yield to ' no wake zone ' signs very much. I also had a guy in a bass boat watch me catch the largemouth right off the bat and then of course had to almost run into my boat to fish the exact spot I was in. If I hadn't of reeled my line in he would have ran over it. Now I know why I've always been told not to fish the PL's on weekends!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Nice pic and good to hear of your success at PL. Also sad to hear about the rude and inconsiderate fisherman and boaters you ran into. I know what you are talking about as I have experienced it myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts