Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a nice morning fishing with Rick (Rik), Keith (Keith R), and my son and brother Friday. Sorry, but I have no pictures. Maybe one of those guys do. Started 13 miles NNW of the river and trolled North with the wind first part of the morning for 9 eyes on the first pass and 4-5 on the second (including several lost ones...but I'm not saying that Keith and Rick intentionally like to lose fish...heeheehee :p ). The last part of the morning we were in a smaller pocket of fish and trolled back and forth over some spots for several more when we had to pull lines at 12:45. Ended the day with 25 Wallys and 8 or so that come unhooked. Dipsies pulled all but two: #1/115', #2/125', #3/145' and #4/165 & 185'. Best was colorados in pink, and antifreeze (pink, red and yellow) backs. Double willows pulled nothing.

Thanks for a fun trip guys!:B

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Great time Jeff,nice meeting everybody..Keith and I redeemed ourselves toward the end,lol.heres some pics...

Attachments

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,624 Posts
Great fishing bud! Nice talking with everyone out there! After we made the 2hour slow troll ur way we finally ended up in some fish. Still couldn't talk Barry into turning on the radio though:( Grady looked strong as you headed back to the barn. Glad ur back in business!

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks guys... and thanks for the pics Rick! Yep, got that sensor problem squared away and I'm good to go now Lloyd. Fishing was picking up in that last half hour. Wish we could have stuck around for a little while longer and finished up our last ticket, but after getting home and cleaning up everything we got to the game with just 10 minutes to spare. Back at it again tomorrow. :T:T:T

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Snook,you need the radio,Hank was good,Martina McBride pulled a couple and even Travis Tritt was strong...lol

·
"SKEETER"
194 Posts
What are the good ramps and bait shops around Bula?
I would like to try trolling that area for some late summer eyes.
Bob

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi guys ...
Live down south here in the Cincy area and I'm not used to identifying the setups ya'll use to catch fish on Lake Erie. What size is the boat there, and its motors?

Thanks much!

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Andy, two engines...twice the fun, but need twice the lovin. :D

There are several ramps around Bula Fishstyxx. People like ARU or the new one Keister's in the river. Lakeshore Park is on the lake, but it's small, gets shallow in the Summer, and gets way crowded.

Boxingref Rick, the boat is a Grady-White Gulfstream, 23 1/2 footer with 9 1/2' beam, twin 150s. Most fish with smaller. I brought it up from the Chesapeake Bay where I was stationed on active duty. Can fish 6, but normally 4-5 beer drinkers. ;)

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,867 Posts
Andy, two engines...twice the fun, but need twice the lovin. :D

There are several ramps around Bula Fishstyxx. People like ARU or the new one Keister's in the river. Lakeshore Park is on the lake, but it's small, gets shallow in the Summer, and gets way crowded.

Boxingref Rick, the boat is a Grady-White Gulfstream, 23 1/2 footer with 9 1/2' beam, twin 150s. Most fish with smaller. I brought it up from the Chesapeake Bay where I was stationed on active duty. Can fish 6, but normally 4-5 beer drinkers. ;)
still got them side cutters.lol

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,624 Posts
Snook,you need the radio,Hank was good,Martina McBride pulled a couple and even Travis Tritt was strong...lol
Barry hates the radio....so I started singing and the junk was hopping in the boat...lol

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Great job Jeff and crew sounds like a good time. im ok with trolling for eyes and cold beer and no no country for me. it just makes me drink more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts