Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out into 2 footers this morning, which quickly built to 2-4s. I marked a ton of fish heading out to my numbers. My curiosity got the best of me 7 miles out and I stopped to troll for a short while to see what the marks were. Just after getting my six boards out all of them went back. Only two were walleyes...the rest junk. I kept lines in and headed out to where I planned in 75 FOW, and had some early luck on the wallys. Best early program was 3oz/90-100'. After a mid-morning lull, the walleye bite picked up, with a dipsy #4/125' doing very well with 6-7 on that one rod. We decided to pull lines at 11:30. One side was wiped out by a junk fish, and I lost a board to boot. So we called it and headed home into 3-5 footers. Final tally was 15 for 16 for the three of us. I was happy with the results considering the 3-5s we had to deal with.

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
Nice job Jeff. Did you find your board? I lost one last Saturday when reeling in a big fish in the waves and the board slid down the line and came off some how. I never found it,by the time we landed the fish it was way gone with the waves.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
On those heavy wave days, if ya use a large duolock or a duolock backed by a snap swivel, ya can run the line thru the duolock and forever eliminate lost boards.

If the board comes off, it just floats down the line to the weight. It's a PIA to use them all the time, but on heavy wave days it can help save boards.

Nice catch in the waves Workdog.

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! By the way, I put in at Conny...just made my way over towards bula so I could surf back home on the waves I knew were going to be out there. :D

Wtg buddy haven't seen ya in awhile. Glad your doing good. BD

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Gary, I've been out and doing well. Just haven't reported much because of all the other great reports that have been saying much the same as I would have. Yesterday though, when I put in at 0545, there was only one other trailer in the lot in front of me. When I came back in there were only a couple trailers still in the lot. So, I figured this might be one of only a few reports.

On those heavy wave days, if ya use a large duolock or a duolock backed by a snap swivel, ya can run the line thru the duolock and forever eliminate lost boards.

If the board comes off, it just floats down the line to the weight. It's a PIA to use them all the time, but on heavy wave days it can help save boards.

Nice catch in the waves Workdog.
Thanks Bob, but, the winds had crossed an outside board line around an inner one, and as I brought the inner one in it cut off the outter board. I lost the board, everything behind the board, and probably 50' of line in front of the board. :mad: Based on the waves out there yesterday, I think the next time that board will be seen is when it is going over the falls.

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,632 Posts
Good fishing bud. Sucks about the board. I know Barry is well stocked with boards or get hold of Ryan cause I have a feeling he will ordering too:D If it doesn't make the falls maybe the Notheast wind will bring her back home...lol

·
One On The Turn
440 Posts
Once again Jeff, another fine job on getting on the fish. It is nice to get out during the week. When are you going to make us a video. We will catch up with you again next weekend.

Keith R.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts