Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took my buddy and his fiance out today to drift for some eyes we headed out to arounf the 30 17 line and killed the motor.

on my buddies fiance's first cast ever she hooks into a fish I ask her what It feels like and she says it just feels heavy... Walleye on get the net she gets the fish to the back of the boat and the net man takes a swing and a miss followed up with strike two... The fish didnt give the chance to strike out she was gone. im just glad I wasnt the man with the net....

After that it was slow a few sheep and white perch. We ended up catching 2 eyes both decent fish a 23 and a 25 incher.

We were setting up to do a little trolling and thats when the big catch of the day came....

A 220 pounder on a bubble gum reef runner roughly 2' back... Couldnt get the hook cut with the multi tool I had on the boat so we cut the day short and headed back shore to get some better snips

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
A friend and I tried to go perching out of Beavercreek yesterday.
I drove up from Barberton early in the morning. Then we stopped at George's and dropped $16.00 on shiners and ice. We get to Beavercreek and two yahoos park their trucks and trailers right in front of my friends boat which is stored on his trailer at the ramp area. He had his launch pass clearly visible on the front of his trailer.There's even a sign at the ramp stating:

I won't post truck photos, name or phone number of the people who either don't pay any attention or really don't care for other people.
I just want to let you thoughtles boaters you owe me $36.00 for gas, bait and ice not counting my lost time and day of fishing.

Not you James. The guy's name is totally different. That hook looks like it hurt though.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lewzer tried to pm ya my phone number but your box is full
Send me a pm
If you ever run into that issue again if im not working ill take ya out fishing.

I hate seeing time and money wasted and not even get to go out its happened to me too many times

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
A friend and I tried to go perching out of Beavercreek yesterday.
I drove up from Barberton early in the morning. Then we stopped at George's and dropped $16.00 on shiners and ice. We get to Beavercreek and two yahoos park their trucks and trailers right in front of my friends boat which is stored on his trailer at the ramp area. He had his launch pass clearly visible on the front of his trailer.There's even a sign at the ramp stating:

I won't post truck photos, name or phone number of the people who either don't pay any attention or really don't care for other people.
I just want to let you thoughtles boaters you owe me $36.00 for gas, bait and ice not counting my lost time and day of fishing.

Not you James. The guy's name is totally different. That hook looks like it hurt though.
Thats one reason to always carry a chain in the truck!;)

Tim

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Ouch. Made the mistake once (no tool to cut a hook). Now have a side cutter and needle nose pliers in first aid kit.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Those dad gum bubble gum reef runner hooks are sharp. Looked like a good hook-set! Just kidding, hope everything went OK? I once got a single hook plastic worm in my eye brow years ago. My brother did it accidentally and had to go to local hospital to get it removed. One inch lower and I might have lost my eye. Guess I was lucky.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Ouch. Made the mistake once (no tool to cut a hook). Now have a side cutter and needle nose pliers in first aid kit.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those dad gum bubble gum reef runner hooks are sharp. Looked like a good hook-set! Just kidding, hope everything went OK? I once got a single hook plastic worm in my eye brow years ago. My brother did it accidentally and had to go to local hospital to get it removed. One inch lower and I might have lost my eye. Guess I was lucky.
It went fine just snipped the barb and pulled it back through.

When I was a kid I somehow managed to hook myself in the ear lobe while casting. Looked like I pierced my ear and had a jig for an earring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.