Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
A one-man wolfpack...
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Mom sent me this clipping from the Mansfield News Journal, dated September 6. The "lake" is a concrete pond located in a public park and, despite having grown up in Mansfield, I've never fished it. However, this beast was returned to the lake unharmed. (Sorry about the upside down pic.)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Seeing how the fella in the pic is holding that monster, lets just hope he really was unharmed.

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
Nice fish. But a 50+ pound fish, laying flat on the bed of a pick up truck, rarely gets "released unharmed".
My guess is on fish fry.

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
What? Did he drive it to another part of the lake to release it?:D
Catch fish. Take the waders off. toss 50+ fish up onto the truck bed, and then go release it...
He either fibbed or the reporter got it wrong. Both of which are pretty likely.

·
A one-man wolfpack...
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What? Did he drive it to another part of the lake to release it?:D
Catch fish. Take the waders off. toss 50+ fish up onto the truck bed, and then go release it...
He either fibbed or the reporter got it wrong. Both of which are pretty likely.
He allegedly drove it to the newspaper's headquarters, got the picture taken, and drove it back to the park. If the newspaper is still located in downtown Mansfield, that would be about a five minute drive, one way. (I'm guessing that he did not have a smart phone or a digital camera handy.)I can tell by the background that the picture was not taken at the park. The most apt comparison I can think of for this "lake" would be what's at Westgate Park or Whetstone, which is what makes this catch sort of interesting...

·
A one-man wolfpack...
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it's dead in the truck pic.
Either way, BIG fish for sure.
Yeah, I hate that picture; it bothers me to see suffer out of the water like that...

Sidenote: My brother thinks he might have graduated with that guy...

·
Just practicing my cast
4,689 Posts
I feel sad for the fish just sad,

·
A one-man wolfpack...
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any river in the Muskingum watershed should hold them, right? Lower Clearfork, Black Fork, maybe...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts