Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had much luck in alum up around the Howard rd. area. Been trying to get out and will finally be up there on sunday just wondered if I should target bass and crappie here or somewhere else. Would love to hit some white bass and will probably throw out a bottom rig on the chance of getting a big cat. Alum or Delaware anyone? Any suggestion is greatly apprecciated. thanks and Good luck.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Alum north has been real good from what i have heard and seen. Saw some big cats this evening brought in from north howard road. Said to tight to bank they were using chicken livers. Also has been good crappies action around brush and wood anywhere from shallow to deeper like 10-15 foot depending on weather. i think by weekend should be stable enough to find them shallow again but if you try few wood spots shallow and not happening keep moving around different depths till you find them if you do they will bite!! Been getting a few white bass throwing jigs shallow as well while hunting my crappies had a 19" one last week ful of eggs WHAT A BLAST!! Good Fishing!!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I would go to Alum. I have caught an avg. of 35 crappies a night there, with a s-eye here and there while crappie fishing. Fish around brush and shallow areas in 5 to 8 FOW.

·
The Last Don
218 Posts
I am actually heading up to Alum for my time this Sunday and plan on putting in at the Howard Rd ramp. I was wondering where the closest bait shop is to the ramp. I will be heading up 71 to get there. Appreciate all the help!! Will be in a red Triton and will have an OGF shirt on stop and holler if you see us!!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
If your taking 71 and getting off on 36 you will pass alum creek towing, and they sell bait. It is west of 71 on the north side of 36 just a little past the exit ramp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts