North Coast Sightseeing Trip

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ruminator, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I'm thinking of taking my wife for a sightseeing trip along the east side of Ohio's Lake Erie shores.
    As a part of this trip, I want to include our anniversary dinner and probably a stay over in a hotel.
    Looking at a map I'm thinking of our sightseeing through cities east of Cleveland that are located right on the shores of Lake Erie and along the main rivers.

What I'm looking for are any scenic cities similar to the city of Vermilion. Some nice restaurants, small with good food; small shops along downtown street(s), etc.
    Say from Mentor on the Lake and points east to the state line.

What all exists up there that you can recommend along the coast?
    Thanks all. ;)

2. geneva state park lodge ,right on the water .

3. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

i wasa just going to say that one bounty hunter, Jim its a good lodge. I have some beds and breakfast to but have to look for them, ill call ya later tonight when i find them.

4. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

i agree. Geneva is a real nice town, with alot to do. Right where the lodge is- the whole street there is loaded with shops, restaurants, ect. There are also numerous wineries as well all within 10 minutes of the lodge. Real nice place.

5. Maybe do the covered bridgre tour in Ashtabula. Ferrante's Winery has some good food..