close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

North Bay Ont.

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Flipp, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

I am leaving July 2nd for there And was wondering If anyone has been up there this year and If the walleye and smallie are biting. This is my second time I can't wait to get up there.

2. catking

catking Banned

Hey Flipp !! I've been up there a couple times this time of year, and the bite is usually really good. Hey, don't forget to give us all a FULL report ;) Good Luck to you and have a safe trip !!! THE CATKING !!!

3. iwdavefish

iwdavefish Fishin' Fanatic

Just got back from Nipissing Saturday. Fishing was pretty decent considering the weather. We caught plenty of walleye including some over the slot. The bass weren't in season but we caught a bunch while fishing for other things. I got a 20" largemouth on a Sledge and my buddy got a 19" smallie.

4. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

I don't think I will be going until August. I had to have surgery on both of my big toes and I have to be off my feet until friday. So I am going to North Carolina July 9th to the Outer Banks Like I do every year and do some surf fishing.

Good Luck

Flipp

5. wally72

wally72 wally72

Hey Guys, I haven't been able to get on and check things out for a while. I had a trip planned for this friday to nipissing But had to cancel because of Illness in the family. When I called the camp we were staying at they said it had just started to pick up pretty good. Just my luck! Then I just got a call from my buddy who I was going with and he Is in the hospital with a Kidney stone. I guess it just wasn't suppose to happen right now. We are thinking about trying to go the end of August or first of Sept. Anybody been up there that time of year? You guys that go up let us know how its been and good luck Wally72

6. Hey Wally that lake is good all the time. We head to the West Arm and kill the"eyes". In one week my brother was ounces away from catching the camp record walleye and musky for that year. It is a typical canadian shield lake with shoals, sunken islands, deep points and even mud flats. I would advised if you have not already to get a lake map with contour lines. Also, alot of the locals will suggest nightcrawlers, but we use minnows or leaches. We use "HOT" colored floating jig heads with a split shot about 10-12" above the jig head. Put the trolling motor on super slow(You can't Van Dam it) and stay on your line.

7. wally72

wally72 wally72

Thanks, We usally go up the end of july and fish mainly around the Ilands around the mouth of the french. We have had most of our luck on jigs either white or yellow tipped with a crawler just bounceing it off the bottom. We had really good luck around weed beds in 15ft. of water the last couple of years. I didn't know how much it might change in Sept. I agree about being slow we do a lot of dirft fishing. Thanks Tritonman and good fishing