close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

North Baltimore

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Daduru, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Has anyone recently fished this? I will be heading there tonight for some saugeye or cats hopefully.

2. Hi...I fished north baltimore a about two weeks ago...caught a 12" cat on the east shore of the small resevoir, but I think the bigger fish are in deeper water in the center....next time I go, I'm going to take my one man pontoon boat and may catch more fish...I caught the catfish in a small minnow lure...a floating diver...hope that helps...:)

3. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Where abouts in N. Baltimore are you guys talking about ?
    And whats in the resovior (Bluegill, Crappie, Bass?)

Paul

4. Ray_IL

Ray_IL Banned

-caught many a "Walleye" & L-Bass off the East bank riprap years ago ... there used to be a fill pipe on the West bank & when they were a-pumpin' water in you could really slay the slab Crappie in the current flow .. as a matter of fact when the pad was poured around the fill-pipe in the early 70's my two youngs sons scratched their names into the fresh-poured concrete pad while Dad was a-Slabbin' - look for a Chad & Troy, if it's still there :)

-later Gators --

5. Went last night, water is about 7 feet below that pipe, which was dry, tried casting many tubes/twisters/jigs and got a few dink bluegill. Also had chicken livers and nightcrawlers and got nothing, figured since it was at night i may get a few cats.

6. I have not caught much of anything at the small North Baltimore reservoir. I heard that some nice sized bass used to come out of there, but I didn't catch one bass in three trips. On the last trip, I decided to try the new reservoir. I think it will be pretty decent in a year or two. As far as what I have caught in it, it was stocked with Bluegill, perch, crappie, and largemouth. The bluegill, perch, and crappie must have been stocked a while ago as they are decent of a decent size (not big), but the bass are all about 4 inches. So, I have basically given up on the small one in North Baltimore until I hear differently.

good luck,

trane

7. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Thanks for the recent update on this place....

8. Ray_IL

Ray_IL Banned

-fish NW Ohio's rivers by day & the clear-water upgrounds by nite *wink*

:)