Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family goes to Norris Lake every year for a waterskiing trip and this year I plan to take my boat to try for some stripers. I would probably concentrate my efforts on trolling since I am used to doing this on Lake Erie for walleye and I have to imagine it is the same concept.

Can anyone offer some advise on spoons, crankbaits, rigging, trolling speeds, areas to concentrate, etc?

I appreciate any help and input.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Doozer,
If you haven't gone to Norris yet, look up Ezzell Cox in Tazwell, TN, he's the Mayor, and former Norris lake guide.
He knows trolling Norris forwards and backwards.
LMJ

·
Registered
954 Posts
Ezell is the man! Ask him about Cherokee also. If they don't bite on Norris, make a short run up to Cherokee and catch hybrids and stripers. I've fished both lakes but have only caught fish out of Cherokee.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I went down in january and we trolled umbrella rigs and caught a bunch of fish look in my pictures to view some of them. Here is a link that I have for fishing reports for norris. I think this time of year they are trolling live bait on planer boards. My buddy owns a place down there and goes down every thursday thru sunday fishing and said they are catching alot of smallmouth right now as well. To make the umbrella rigs legal in tennessee only 1 hook is aloud so if you use them make sure you are legal.

http://www.anglerguide.com/tennessee/index.cfm?TR_ID=927

·
Banned
37 Posts
A little late but just came across this subject. I've been going to TN and fishing with Ezell Cox for many years. First time roughly 15 yrs. ago, much much more these past few years. Nobody on this thread is BSin you. He's the one to call, great fisherman and more important a great guy to fish with. This buckeye will not fish with anyone else as long as Ezell is around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts