Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
I enjoy fly fishing the most. I'll be trying some trolling early season this year so I'll probably be going noodle until they get higher up.

·
Registered
968 Posts
On the river: Noodle with center pin for deep fishing, fly outfit for shallower and more versatile presentation.

·
Registered
239 Posts
This was talked about a few times last year.... I am a firm believer in being able to adapt to all conditions that present themselves. Yes it is best at times to use one or the other no doubt about it. I personally use all three.. pin, fly and noodle set ups.
Last year on one trip I was fishing with the fly and my friend had a pin.... well it was one of those days that without the fly rod only a couple could be landed. That day it was deffinately a 3-1 fly day. Then at other times just the reverse was true. 3-1 pin.
The best advice I can give would be adept at using all thee types...the more one can learn as to using tackle the more fish there is to be landed....Good luck to all in the upcomming STEEL season... ( and I didn't say steelers season.boooooo.. LOL )

·
the steel head hunter
694 Posts
Because I have yet to master the pin( dont have the money for one), I say spin/noodle rod...I use to be fly only but now I love the thrill of watching my bobber twitch and Im hunched forward saying : come on hit it come on" then wham its FISH ON.. You guys are making me day dream ....

·
Registered
648 Posts
I myself prefer my Barbie poll. I can sneak up on the steel that way! Plus is is ultra small, ultra light, and ultra cool.

Really though, all three methods have their time and place. Fall you will probably get more fish drifting bait/jigs/lures. But I watched first hand in the spring Golden1 and Nforkoutitters catch a lot on fly rods. Whatever makes you happy, they all work.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I myself prefer my Barbie poll. I can sneak up on the steel that way! Plus is is ultra small, ultra light, and ultra cool.

Really though, all three methods have their time and place. Fall you will probably get more fish drifting bait/jigs/lures. But I watched first hand in the spring Golden1 and Nforkoutitters catch a lot on fly rods. Whatever makes you happy, they all work.
I like my snoopy pole a little better with the Woodstock handle!

·
Robs Guide Service
3,826 Posts
Let me remind everyone this season about the language and other TOS rules..... This includes posting videos of that nature. Funny it might be, stuff like that does not belong on the OGF forums. Someone is not with OGF now because of it, lets try to keep the forum clean this year. Thanks, OGF STAFF.

Posting of external web site addresses: Are allowed provided they are not for advertising purposes (financial and/or bulk traffic), and must be pre-approved by OGF staff. This includes other fishing websites. Content on external websites must not be offensive, abusive, and/or adult oriented
Read more: http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/community/faq.php#ixzz1UxiGv6HF

1 - 20 of 24 Posts