close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No wonder he dropped the ball!!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Darwin, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

I was dissapointed in the loss like most but at least with this picture we can see why Zwick dropped the ball! :eek:
    [​IMG]

2. Talk about getting it from both ends! I wonder if he was wearing a cup?????

3. No wonder he also got up a little slower and was limping a bit. Too bad no one seen that. Not that it would have changed the game.

4. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

HE IS THE BETTER QUARTERBACK. TROY SMITH HASN"T DONE CRAP TO EARN THE JOB!!!!!

I am yelling!

5. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

Smith put more points on the board than Zwick vs Texas.

6. crankus_maximus

It just so happened the receivers didn't drop his balls. He still isn't the better QB. Zwick moves the ball down the field MUCH better. He makes better decisions than old ghetto boy. Make bad decisions off the field, translates to bad decision making on field. Pretty simple really. I could go on and on....

7. I agree wholeheartedly. I want Smith to sit JUST because he took money from a booster.

This team is tailor-made for the spread offense with 4 very good receivers. Instead, with Smith in we run the option???

Give me a break, I am all for an option/run based attack at Ohio State but NOT when we have 4 sprinters who can catch.

8. Darwin

I guess he really fumbled the ball before that picture when he was hit initially. He really took a shot though. I agree with playing Zwick, he is a better passer and with the speed and skill OSU has a wide reciever, get the ball to them and let them go. The opposing defense will be concerned with them and then we can throw in the run at the right time.

9. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

OUCH!! They call that manouevre the "Reach Around" where I'm from.

After watching Smith suck it up against SD St. I say its time for Toddy Boeckman to show his stuff.

10. worst part is the ball is already out then he got smoked!

11. Fishing-Miller23

Maybe Smith made better passes to them.

12. A CUP? You ever ran with a plastic cup in yer pants? I doubt anyone wears them anymore. I never wore one in HS. Glenn

13. Darwin

I hated wearing a cup and I was a cather on the baseball team!:eek:
    Yeah, I tried catching one game w/out one, I swear that foul tip was going 150 mph when it hit my jewels! !% :eek:

14. I played catcher for 15 years....never caught a ball on the jewels except the one day I didn't wear a cup.

Ouch.

15. That is quite deceiving until you look at the details.

Here is a list of the drives in the Texas game.

</pre> Okay, so the gray is the drives started by Zwick and the Scarlet is by Smith. Zwick gets 6 drives of which only one started in Texas territory (T36). This resulted in a field goal. Smith gets 5 drives not counting the final play from the (end zone) all but one beginning in Texas territory. None of the drives he had starting in Texas territory ended in a TD. Average starting field position was Zwick at his own 40 and Smith at Texas 43. Yes Smith scored one TD on a fine pass to Holmes but other than that he was not effective throwing the ball. Smith was 5-11 for 78 yards. Zwick was only marginally better at 9-15 for 66 yards but keep in mind that he had at least 3 drops that were catchable by anybody including myself. And one was the game winner dropped by Hamby. They talk about Smith's mobility but he rushed for 2.1 yards per carry and Zwick rushed for 2.2. On top of that Smith was sacked twice and Zwick only once.

I look at those numbers and I am still amazed at how everyone still sees Smith as the more effective QB.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  16. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

"Everyone" doesn't include me. I was at the game last weekend and had some awesome end zone seats and I am definitely back on the Zwick bandwagon, Smith absolutely sucked. But I have to say, when they put Smith in at the Texas game, I was on the Smith bandwagon big time.

17. Fishing-Miller23

Zwick threw the ball more, completed more passes, but still had less yards than Smith. I know Smith hasn't played well, but neither has Zwick (except the Miami game where Smith could have put up just as good number if he played). I think that Boekman (sp) needs a shot.

18. crankus_maximus

Past performances included....Zwick played lights out against OSU in the bowl game - and he was injured. The kid has more guts AND makes BETTER DECISIONS. Something you can't show on paper. Zwick deserved the starting job more than Smith and we'll never know what a win against Texas would feel like because of it. Zwick is still a better quarterback. Smith is the better runner.

I think my kid brother needs a shot, hell give my dog a shot.

19. I was a catcher too. I was never brave enough to go with out a cup though. Had one to many foul balls hit me in the inner thigh to go with out a cup.

20. That is a good one.;)

I don't think Boeckman needs thrown in to the mix at this point. It will only serve to add more controversy. Smith played pretty well Saturday against Iowa but that is not to say Zwick would not have been able to duplicate his performance. I know that whichever QB plays on any given Saturday I hope we don't see another repeat performance of putting the ball on the ground 4 times like Troy did Saturday.:rolleyes: That is a pretty long leash when you get by with that many mishaps. I am sure he would not have gotten by had it not been for the Bucks getting 3 of them back. Mistakes like that will cost you the game in a tight one.