close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No Time Too Fish

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CRAPPIE LOVER, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Just wanted to share a funny story with all of you. My next door neighbor is obsessed with his lawn. He is retired , this summer he mowed his grass just about everyday, I offered to take him out fishing and he made the remark he had no time for fishing , I even wanted to take him out in my boat. Now he sits in his living room and watches the two maple trees, and when a half dozen leaves hit the ground he is out there with the blower. Two three times a day. NO TIME TO FISH If GOD created anything better than Fishing he kept it for himself. :D :F

2. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

I used to be like that. Then I realized that no matter how many times I mow, or rake, the grass keeps growing and the leaves keep falling. Taking a day off for fishing just saves me the hassle of wasting gas in the mower or daylight raking leaves!

3. My step dad taught me to wait for the first really hot day, lower the blades as far as possible, then mow the hell out of it. The grass will turn brown and not grow very much so you have plenty of time to fish, golf, etc.

4. I do something similar . . . when fall comes around I cut my grass as low as physically possible and the leaves don't stick as much to the lawn but blow to other peoples lawns! LOL! Been doing it for a few years now and it has made a real difference. I just hope for a few windy days every few weeks!

5. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

That's my trick too, it works every year!

6. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

I did that too and also let the kid buzz the 4 wheeler around all day on it. It's amazing how well those atv tires will keep the grass buzzed down.... :D

7. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Have lots of kids and let them do the mowing and raking for you!! Only downfall...ya still gotta feed em'! I got 5.........I know!!

8. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

thats is funny, i dont have time to cut the grass because all my time is spent fishing. :p