close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No skunk today either

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by mrfishohio, Jul 22, 2004.

1. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Oh, Catking......that's a "spoon fed" hybrid.........

2. Good job Jim!Only one??Daryl

3. mrfishohio

One and only........fish wouldn't even hit live shad, I just got lucky.

4. better catching days are right around the corner ;) Ya know how it is when the cooler weather settles back in.daryl

5. I was going to try for some stripers after work today, but if they have a bad case of lock-jaw.......I might save myself an hour drive and catch some green bass.

6. [​IMG]

Hey! That's not a striper! It doesn't even have any scales :eek: This FAT 27" channel hit a 2.5oz jig with a 5" white super fluke as the sun was going down (jig is still in the fish's mouth) . I did manage a small hybrid, and I belly hooked a HUGE gar earlier (all on the same jig). It was very slow, but I have had worse evenings. The river looked perfect, but I knew that I was in trouble when there was no one else fishing (had the whole place to myself)!

7. catking

catking Banned

One fish again on this trip JimmydaCat :eek: It just keeps getting better....................... :rolleyes: ........... DA KING !!!

8. Gary

Gary Bait Catcher

in the pic with the fish? Must've been a really dinky one, eh Mr.Fish? LOL :D I bet he wasn't even laying on rocks. That was probably sand and you used the super zoom. :D

Sometimes they just won't cooperate, huh? At least you did catch that one. I haven't even caught a white bass, a hybrid or a striper this year. Of course that could be because I haven't targeted them, but I usually catch the occasional stray fish on chubs or night crawlers while fishing for cats.

--Gary

9. mrfishohio

Yes, Gary........it was a dink...... :p
    [​IMG]

10. Gary

Gary Bait Catcher

And Mr.Fish answered the bell on that one. LOL ;) Now that's what I'm talking about. Nice fish!!

--Gary